Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to move Up and Down in settings!

(Topic created on: 13-04-2020 06:09 PM)
krstecd
Explorer
Options

samsung problem.jpg

I purchased 3 months ago a Samsung 7 SERIES 43 Model: ue43ru7092uxxh TV. Few days ago i tried to change my settings but im unable to do it. When i press the Settings button i can go up and down on the left side (marked with green arrows)  but when i got to the right side (Marked with red arrows) im unable to move up and down and i cant change any settings. I have this problem in the settings only. 

It was working when i bought the TV.

Go to solution
56 REPLIES 56
LaurentSev
Student
Options

Had the same problem but needed to perform a few extra steps:

• Make sure the TV is turned off
  • Take your Smart Remote in hand and simultaneously press Info + Menu + Mute + Power.
  • Next, enter the following sequence into your remote: Mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power.
  • Your television will boot up in service mode. Using your remote, go to Options > Factory Reset.
  • Your television will now turn off. Simply turn your device back on to proceed with the setup

Took me a few attempts but then after the reset the menu was working fine.

https://ccm.net/faq/40592-reset-a-samsung-smart-tv-to-factory-settings

marsmurfy
First Poster
Options

did you ever get this resolved??

0 Likes
Frank76
First Poster
Options

I have similar issue with my tv and I have tried this using the tv remote I’m still unable to reset the tv… please help me out 

image.jpg

0 Likes
LaurentSev
Student
Options

Are you unable to access the factory reset menu? If so, it seems like different models have different button sequences to access that menu.

0 Likes
ABrazaq
First Poster
Options

What if I have This type of remote ?

image.jpg

hcf
Student
Options

I actually managed to talk my tv into resetting. By pushing the talk button I was able to navigate through the menu.  Unfortunately I tried only resetting the smarthub first, which made no difference, and now I am not able to retry because I have to agree to Terms and Policy, but cannot hit Yes of the same reason… 

To activate reset push the right button, and it will start reset after you have entered your pin. 

0 Likes
Solution
hcf
Student
Options

Finally got this working on my tv (Frame 2018) with only smart remote. When tv is on, find the actual power button on your tv, and hold it down for 5 seconds. Then, hold down the power button on your remote for 5 seconds. The tv should turn off and start a reset process, and after a couple of restarts you should see the setup screen. Now everything is working as advertised for me again :smiling-face:

Alda13
Journeyman
Options

@hcf wrote:

Finally got this working on my tv (Frame 2018) with only smart remote. When tv is on, find the actual power button on your tv, and hold it down for 5 seconds. Then, hold down the power button on your remote for 5 seconds. The tv should turn off and start a reset process, and after a couple of restarts you should see the setup screen. Now everything is working as advertised for me again :smiling-face:

Thanks a lot - it works for me, when everythink failed before.

Locky666
First Poster
Options
When you do a factory reset do you lose all settings? I've highly customised my TV you see. Thanks.
0 Likes
Alda13
Journeyman
Options

Of course yes ... its factory reset and TV starts like first time. Unfortunatelly there is no function to save settings and you must set everything again (also apps).