Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Unable to move Up and Down in settings!

(Topic created on: 13-04-2020 06:09 PM)
krstecd
Explorer
Options

samsung problem.jpg

I purchased 3 months ago a Samsung 7 SERIES 43 Model: ue43ru7092uxxh TV. Few days ago i tried to change my settings but im unable to do it. When i press the Settings button i can go up and down on the left side (marked with green arrows)  but when i got to the right side (Marked with red arrows) im unable to move up and down and i cant change any settings. I have this problem in the settings only. 

It was working when i bought the TV.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Deea17
First Poster
Options

Hi I had the same problem with my TV and I called Samsung and they resolved it. All u have to do is to press Info-Settings-Mute-Power on the remote one at the time until you can see a setting menu. Then press on SVC and then factory reset, after that it should get back to normal.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
hcf
Student
Options

Finally got this working on my tv (Frame 2018) with only smart remote. When tv is on, find the actual power button on your tv, and hold it down for 5 seconds. Then, hold down the power button on your remote for 5 seconds. The tv should turn off and start a reset process, and after a couple of restarts you should see the setup screen. Now everything is working as advertised for me again :smiling-face:

View solution in context

56 REPLIES 56
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @krstecd! Can you try restarting the TV? Unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. Also, make sure the TV is running on the latest software version: Menu > Settings > Support > Software update > Update now. 

0 Likes
krstecd
Explorer
Options

@CarloL i tried unpluging my tv and plug in after 30 and more seconds it didn't worked. I just tried to update and its says there is no new update. Current update version: 1356

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right, I see. Is this happening on every right menu setting or only on the "right" picture settings? If it's happening on every settings then please proceed with a master reset of the TV: Menu > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. 

0 Likes
krstecd
Explorer
Options

I am unable to go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset.  If i go to Settings> Support the only thing i can use is Software Update, i can't go down or up. 

Example: If i want to change Picture Size Settings i will not be able to do it, because i cant sellect it, i cant go down.

Here are some images i made it. In picture settings the only thing i can change is Picture mode because i can't go up or down to sellect, if i press enter to change picture mode i won't be able to move up or down to change the dynamic mode.

20200413_212908.jpg

Same for general.

20200413_212921.jpg

Same for Sound

20200413_212915.jpg

Same For Support i cant do Self diagnosis because i cant sellect it. I was able to do Software update because its the only one sellected when i go Settings> S>pport, and When i press Right arrow on my TV remote > it get Sellected Software remote contorl.

20200413_192702.jpg

Edit: I have also tried the App Smart Things to go up and down and didnt work too.

0 Likes
krstecd
Explorer
Options

@CarloL Any solution?

CarlH
Options

Do you have any apps open or any other devices connected to the TV? The greyed out options sometimes appear because of this. 

0 Likes
ChrisPollard
First Poster
Options
Hi I’ve the same model and am experiencing the same problem, did you manage to fix it? Regards Chris
0 Likes
ChrisPollard
First Poster
Options
Hey did Samsung fix this for you I have the same problem. Regards Chris
0 Likes
ChrisPollard
First Poster
Options
Did you manage to fix this for the customer? Regards Chris
0 Likes