Original topic:

Tv screen half black

(Topic created on: 21-10-2021 10:45 PM)
Katelyna
First Poster
Options
TV

Hello, 

I have purchased 2 Samsung TVs about 2 years ago , 1 year and about 1-2 months after my first Samsung tv half the tv screen went black and went back to the shop for them to say the 1 year warranty was up and nothing could be done to fix it and it would cost more to fix than it was worth. Now after paying 500€ for a tv you think it would last a lot longer than a year. 
Now my second Samsung tv that I purchased maybe 2 months after the first one with the warranty also expired the screen is starting to go black on this one also and I presume nothing can be done about this either? This tv was more expensive than the other one. I would have emailed about this but I could not find one to email but just wanted to post this here so that people might see it and stay clear of purchasing Samsung TVs that have no life long value. Very disappointed by Samsung  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
Options
TV

Hi @Katelyna 

That's not what we like to hear. Did you run through any troubleshooting steps at the time with our Support Team?

0 Likes
Katelyna
First Poster
Options
TV

No not at the time as I contacted the shop and explained to them they said it was wasn’t able to be fixed, and if it was it would cost too much, I also brought it to a repair shop and the person there wouldn’t touch it either as he said it is not worth getting it fixed. If you have any suggestions for me I would be more than happy to try them. I would love to not have to dump a second tv in 2 years thank you.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
TV

@Katelyna: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Is the dark area of the screen visible on all channels and sources? If so, please head to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test, and check to see if the issue is present in the sample image. If it is, try pressing and holding the Power button on your remote until the TV restarts, or unplug it at the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and power it on see if this helps. You may also wish to try returning the TV to its factory settings by heading to Settings > General > Reset, and enter your PIN (default is 0000). If these steps don't match your TV, try Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. 

0 Likes
Katelyna
First Poster
Options
TV

I have tired to do this but it says this function isn’t supported when I try to self diagnose.

0 Likes