Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV not working after software update

(Topic created on: 29-08-2017 09:43 PM)
lukehurst1991
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung model UE50MU6100K won't turn on anymore after the software update that came yesterday.

I've spoken to the call centre and they said it's been escalated but I want to know what has actually happened? Can this even be fixed by another software update like I keep being told?

185 REPLIES 185
AntS
Options

Appreciate the inconvenience to you and the others here, @Tommyb52, and so would like to thank you for getting to back to us all on here.

0 Likes
jpks1985
Apprentice
Options
@AntS I have tried to get in touch with the support team and they are no longer responding to me. Can you arrange for someone to get in touch with me directly regarding a fix for my TV? There are other UE model owners on this thread with similar issues and I'm sure they would all appreciate some sufficient support instead of being directed elsewhere.
Lg71
Explorer
Options

I, too, would like to 'close the loop' on my posts featured right from the beginning of this thread. My TV (a 3 week old UE55MU6400) was repaired on Saturday at home by a sub-contracted engineer. There's not much more that I can say that hasn't been said already other than Samsung's response to this whole fiasco has been appalling. 

My family were without their (brand new) TV for a full week with not a shred of decent explanation, apology, recompense etc from Samsung to be seen. Hollow promises of 'we're working on it', 'apologise for inconvenience' rang out for days, callbacks were never received, radio silence was much in evidence...I could go on. 

Suffice to say that I will never purchase or recommend another Samsung product if at all possible. 

McDragon
Explorer
Options

Already the ***** continues.

samsung support gave me an appointment for today (when I called them on Friday). Then their subcontractor in Bristol (GoggleBox) calls me saying they can't do it Tuesday but the following day. So the visit was supposed to happen tomorrow. This afternoon I get I message that the engineer visit has been cancelled.

Now I just want to return my TV and get a Panasonic.

0 Likes
AntS
Options
0 Likes
FKD4GOT
Apprentice
Options

All,

Just to confirm that an engineer arrived today as planned and carried out the software update from a USB stick which effectively reset the TV back to factory setting with latest software update installed. All seems to be back to normal now.

Hope the rest of you get your issues sorted out soon-enough!

Regards

FXD4GOT

AntS
Options

Hi all.

There’s currently an over-the-network update that hopefully will get your affected M/Q series TVs up and running again.

For those who’re still awaiting an engineer visit, and if your TV  has remained connected to the same internet connection as before the recent troublesome update, can you try the below and let us know how it goes?

1.  Power on the TV, and ensure a picture/video is displayed this can be terrestrial, set-top box etc. (Even if your TV has no picture/video displayed and you believe it was affected by the recent update, please give the following a try).

1.  Leave the TV powered on for approximately 4 hours (this time can vary depending on Internet speed).

1.  After approximately 4 hours, switch off the TV at the wall socket and switch back on after around 30 seconds.

1.  Your TV should have normal operation restored. (Note: it may take a little longer to power on during the update writing process so don’t disturb the power as it’s doing that on the initial power up).

The above should force the TV to the latest update (version 1137.1).

However, if you’re not getting any joy from this, or your TV hasn't remained connected to the same Internet connection, then our TV Support team can still arrange for an engineer visit for you. (Any visits that have already been booked are still currently booked.) Definitely let us know how it goes, either way.

Also, I’d like to re-iterate our apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

*crosses fingers for you guys*

0 Likes
PB20170109
First Poster
Options

Has anybody managed to make the remote update work?

My brick doesn't seem to have changed it's performance. 

Thanks in advance, 

P

0 Likes
matrix7764
Apprentice
Options

Engineer came out today and told me my samsung needs a new motherboard as well as the update. Not bad for a 6 week old tv. 

Has anyone else had to have there motherboard replaced?

TracyR
Options

Hey @PB20170109

We have had some success with this update method,  sorry to hear that it has not worked in your case. We have sent you a private message to follow up.

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge