Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV UE50NU7400 new firmware 1320.4

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 08:39 AM)
B0kka
Pathfinder
Options

Hello everyone!

To my amazement last night I received (after one or two years) a new update for the smart TV that brings the software to version 1320.4.

I ask you: would it be possible to have some sort of changelog to know what changes this new update has made?

Thanks in advance!

64 REPLIES 64
Jamers99
Student
Options

I installed the 1320 update last night hoping it would help my problem.  I've been having an intermittent problem were the screen just fades to black but I can still see it's on and there is lighting coming from the edges.  Audio still works.  Turn on and off and it works for few minutes and then does it again.  Sometimes it works for day without a problem though.  Anyone else have this issue?  My model is QN82Q6FN 82"

0 Likes
Dbertie58
Explorer
Options

After a few days struggling trying to resolve the picture back to prior the update. I decided to reset the TV in the help menu and reset the TV up like from new.

To my surprise this seems to have resolved the picture problems I was having.

I still (without any measurements) think the brightness is a bit dull. But the full factory reset has definitely improved things.

Again Auto update turned off.

Dbertie58
Explorer
Options

Spoke too soon the temporary brightness has gone back to dullness, it's as if the TV software / firmware is messed up on HDR contents. As a temporary fix I've turned on HDR10+ in the picture settings. 

Madmaus
Navigator
Options

@Dbertie58 exactly what my experience is on the 65Q9f.

Its much to dark in certain scenes.

I managed to get it a bit back by extra contrast and brightness but it's totally different then before. 

Dbertie58
Explorer
Options
Thank you thought it was just me... Try turning on HDR10+ IN Expert setting. This used to be too bright and punchy but now seems to nearly resolves the poor brightness problem.
Look at you bottom task bar without HDR10+ these icons look grey/dull. With HDR10+ on nearly back white.
lllmiamilll
First Poster
Options

NU7090 65

The brightness has reduced. 

Autoupdate is off. 

Dbertie58
Explorer
Options

If we want this firmware reversing or corrected we all need to keep contacting Samsung with the problems. I have spoken to their technical who claim that they have not had any concerns or issues reported. 

0 Likes
Kiv
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.

Masq
Navigator
Options

Agreed, and same. I have the auto-update turned off, my TV updates anyway. I can clearly tell the picture is downgraded (again). Seriously, F Samsung. I so over this company.

Funny thing is, my TV still says it’s on 1310.4, even though it clearly isn’t. 

color has been degraded, screen isn’t as bright. 

This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Masq
Navigator
Options

Another BS update from Samsung that degrades the picture. I am so over these guys. 

2 1/2 years with the ups & downs with these garbage firmwares. DONE.

0 Likes