Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV UE50NU7400 new firmware 1320.4

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 08:39 AM)
B0kka
Pathfinder
Options

Hello everyone!

To my amazement last night I received (after one or two years) a new update for the smart TV that brings the software to version 1320.4.

I ask you: would it be possible to have some sort of changelog to know what changes this new update has made?

Thanks in advance!

64 REPLIES 64
nolan62
First Poster
Options

I feel the same way.  They broke it on purpose to make me buy a new one.   Well, I did.  A new 65" LG TV and it's NICE!   Sorry Samsung, you break my TV with your update, refuse to fix it and expect me to stick with you?

0 Likes
nolan62
First Poster
Options

Samsung won't contact me so I junked it and bought a new LG.

0 Likes
Dbertie58
Explorer
Options

@hristvic how are you getting on with the new firmware.

It seems like a few people are experiencing the same problems. To also add the the noticeably poor picture. The sound intermittently stop working via SkyQ. This requires a soft reboot by switching the TV off holding the power button down until the TV turns back on, then the sound is restored.

Also Amazon Prime Video regularly fails to open, causing you to reinstall the app.

Imagine buying a car that performs as you test drove it, regardless what others think you bought it as a result of what you experience at the time of sale. The next time you have it serviced the main dealer restricted it's performance without asking you. You would be frustrated and request the car was put back to how it was.

These forced updates are doing exactly that.

0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

You guys think they pushed an (not ready) upgrade to fix the DST Root CA X3 certificate problem from Let's Encrypt? 

hristvic
Journeyman
Options

@Dbertie58 , not a single issue at all...

Amazon and Netflix are working, so does Spotify and Media Station X (I use that for IPTV). Game Mode works flawlessly with my PS4; I have no issues with ARC - getting DolbyDigital+ from every content provider.  (Assume you are NOT expecting Atmos or DTS-X or IMAX, bcz we didn't get the eARC update, but if you have a sound processor - there should be no issues.)

Sorry, I don't use PLEX so I can't test that, but I can install it just for the sake of testing.  

I like the picture quality, like I said, the Q9FN was brighter in the beginning, but I doubt to see if anyone has tested the peak brightness from before and after the update and share the results here...

Recently Ive watched Furious9 - 4k HDR with Atmos - and I think the picture quality was decent, certainly not bad or worse than the movies that I watched before the update. 

Going dark is good for the picture quality,  you just have to get use to it. The screen of the Q9F (and the other models in that range) is too bright across the entire PQ luminance range so I like going darker...IF "darker" is actually true in the first place, bcz I cant tell that by my eyes... :face-with-tears-of-joy: 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I do not have a 2018 set myself  to test but there is now a changelog for 1320.4  (posted it on the changelog thread yesterday)

Update version 1320.4 - September 2021

• Improvements and bug fixes to TV Plus
  • Better interaction with Apple TV
  • Security update
  • A YouTube bug when playing 4K has been fixed
  • Better layout of the terms and conditions
  • A bug when calling the PVR directory has been fixed
  • A bug that could lead to the disconnection of the WLAN has been fixed
  • Better interaction with DeX
  • Optimization of the booting process
  • A bug in interaction with Amazon Prime Video has been fixed
  • A sound playback bug was fixed
  • From now on, overflow advertising during streaming will be suppressed
  • 2-factor authentication was added

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

hristvic
Journeyman
Options
  • Optimization of the booting process

Thats 100% true! The menu response is way way better!! 

Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

Thanks for posting that.  Been looking for the details for some time now.

L0CKED
First Poster
Options

Nu8000, poor image and HDR, where is it? Im now in Netflix and It seems 480p. Oh my god...  Very very nice upgrade, yes. A year for a new upgrade for this. Thank you Samsung.

0 Likes
L0CKED
First Poster
Options

flickering image too. Ok, I prefer go to sleep.

0 Likes