Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV UE50NU7400 new firmware 1320.4

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 08:39 AM)
B0kka
Pathfinder
Options

Hello everyone!

To my amazement last night I received (after one or two years) a new update for the smart TV that brings the software to version 1320.4.

I ask you: would it be possible to have some sort of changelog to know what changes this new update has made?

Thanks in advance!

64 REPLIES 64
ondrasoch
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here with Plex app. Almost every movie cannot be played... Tried reinstall the app but nothing. UE50NU7442

0 Likes
Dbertie58
Explorer
Options

My opinion my Q9 looks worse. And with apps not working I wouldn't update

0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

Yes they definitely did something with local dimming.

Dark scenes in "godless" look much darker now. 

0 Likes
nolan62
First Poster
Options

My TV auto updated 1320.  Now, none of my HDMI ports work.   Samsung says it's not their problem.  I strongly suggest NOT loading 1320.

0 Likes
Jannski
First Poster
Options

My TVArc port quit connecting to my Samsung sound bar.  That has since started working.  Now Plex won't play back older audio formats. (Plex forum post here: https://forums.plex.tv/t/playback-error-on-samsung-tv/744891/4

I'm less and less of a Samsung product fan I hate to say. (This is coming from someone who has 2 Samsung Tvs, a Samsung phone and a Samsung tablet... and have been a heavy Samsung customer since the first Galaxy phone launch.)

0 Likes
Dbertie58
Explorer
Options

Looks like 1320.4 isn't that good based on other people's experiences. How are you getting on with the new firmware update? 

Dbertie58
Explorer
Options

How did you contact Samsung, I would like to do the same.

0 Likes
Madmaus
Navigator
Options

Is seems like Samsung wants us all to buy new TVs.

They are already more the 2 years old so just push firmware to every TV that break things.

Well I can tell you this is my last Samsung TV. 

ondrasoch
Apprentice
Options

On Plex forum some users has same problem even on 2021 models. So its not about the old models.

@Madmaus wrote:

Is seems like Samsung wants us all to buy new TVs.

They are already more the 2 years old so just push firmware to every TV that break things.

Well I can tell you this is my last Samsung TV. 

Well its not about old audio formats. I have problem event with the new ones DTS-HD, Atmos, etc. I have no problem play formats like EAC3, AC3, AAC.

0 Likes