Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV UE50NU7400 new firmware 1320.4

(Topic created on: 17-09-2021 08:39 AM)
B0kka
Pathfinder
Options

Hello everyone!

To my amazement last night I received (after one or two years) a new update for the smart TV that brings the software to version 1320.4.

I ask you: would it be possible to have some sort of changelog to know what changes this new update has made?

Thanks in advance!

64 REPLIES 64
Dbertie58
Explorer
Options

After 2 days of the new firmware I would definitely say that the panel peak brightness has been reduced. However the picture although duller looks more like a OLED display picture. I personally prefer the 1310.4 firmware. Samsung please can you address the peak brightness which made the Q9 standout amongst other sets.

hristvic
Journeyman
Options

Have you done any measurements or this statement is only based by your eyes? I am not an expert, but unless you have some measurements from before and after the update, how could you possibly notice a change? 
Please give some examples - in what movie you noticed the change, was it HDR10+ content or DolbyVision, have you done a calibration to your HDR settings? What were the conditions in your room - was it dark or light?
Just throwing something like - my screen brightness is less than before - its not very convenient, sorry, no offence :smiling-face: 

PS:

Anyway,  according to the reviewers, like HDTVTest, the Q9FN (assuming you have the same) was too bright in the first place, so going less bright would assume a more natural picture quality and closer to what the creator intended you to see...So maybe a less peak brightness is not too bad at all :smiling-face: 

Cheers! 

Dbertie58
Explorer
Options
Point take no measurements take just how it looked to how it looks now. I personally prefer the previous 1310.4 being a brighter better picture. As I said the pictures now are closer to an OLED display which is know as being "duller" but better blacks. I suppose it's what you get use to. Annoyed that I turned automatic update off, yet still updated?
hristvic
Journeyman
Options

Yup, auto update when the function is OFF is what worries me too...This is my only concern so far. 

Madmaus
Navigator
Options

If it updates when the auto update is off Samsung surely thinks this is an must have uodate. 

Maybe some security fixes? 

Or its just the final update for all the 2018 tv's and Samsung wants them all the be on the final update. 

Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

I have had the update for almost 2 days now and don't see much of a difference.  The picture seems to be a bit better.  Other than that, I don't see much new.

Madmaus
Navigator
Options

I just noticed my plex app isn't playing anything after the update.

Its just giving the circle and nothing happens. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Madmaus oh right,  hopefully only a temporary issue with the plex app- have you tried a Factory Reset?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Roland NK2U
Navigator
Options

You could be right; this might be the final update.  My TV's out of warranty so legally, they don't have to update at this point if they choose not to.

Madmaus
Navigator
Options

@JAMES4578 no I haven't tried a factory reset (I really want to avoid that). 

I normally use my nvidia shield for plex (just for atmos) but my girlfriend uses the TV for plex.

I now got an unsupported codec error for one movie and an other just something went wrong.