Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV does not have enough space to install software update, but the only apps I have are ones Samsung pre-installed

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 06:37 PM)
Trudie98
First Poster
Options

Have tried 3 different methods of contacting Samsung but it seems no customer service is available right now, so here goes. The problem is simple: I have insufficient storage space so cannot install my TV's software update. Here's the thing though, I have deleted all the apps I possibly can. I only had 3 that I installed, so got rid of them. Now I'm left with the bloatware (apps that came already installed and that cannot be deleted or disabled). The option to delete is greyed out. The update requires over  100MB, I have 93.96MB available. 

What I've tried: Reinstalling the preinstalled apps to reset their data/cache, and making sure anything I've installed is deleted.

I have no idea what to do now. I should note that I find it absolutely ridiculous that I'm in this situation to begin with. After buying a product I should have more control over what is taking up precious space on it. I understand the financial appeal of bloatware but this is a headache.

Any help would be very appreciated

35 REPLIES 35
Chelle-bee
Student
Options

I tried that and the reset is grayed out and is not available.  Which is ridiculous.  I should be able to reset my tv that I paid $500 for. 

0 Likes
Chelle-bee
Student
Options

That link leads no where. I have 3 samsung tvs, 3 phones, a laptop, a washer, a stove and a tablet. One of my tvs went black and I couldn't get any help from samsung.  I can't ever download updates for the tvs cause there never was any free space. I will never buy samsung again. 

0 Likes
gregoryh325
First Poster
Options

I trashed my Samsung TV and bought a Hisense 55 inch ULED U7K for 477 Dollars. Best tv I've ever had....plenty of storage space and much better picture than any Samsung I've ever owned

0 Likes
timepink
First Poster
Options

Guys, after years dealing with this poor behavior of my TV and not being able to buy a new one from a different brand, I did the best thing I could do: I bought a Fire TV Stick. It was very worth it and I recommend it to everyone I know. Now I have only to worry about the TV freezing the commands sometimes and not wanting to turn on, but it’s better than dealing with all the defects it currently have.

0 Likes
rikob1
Explorer
Options
  • You should do this and your TVs will be back to stock. 8. Perform an EEPROM Reset
  • https://techprofet.com/smart-hub-is-being-updated/
  • My Q85R TV had its Smart Hub filled to 100% and now after resetting the EEPROM it's good as new again and only filled to 21% after installing my apps.
0 Likes
pheb2
First Poster
Options

After several tries this is solution which helped me to clean around 60 % of internal memory: 

1. Turn off the TV 
  2. Press standby button on TV for 5 sec
  3. Press standby button on remote control for 5 sec. 

After this a serie of several restarts begins which leads to emptier internal memory. 

0 Likes