Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV does not have enough space to install software update, but the only apps I have are ones Samsung pre-installed

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 03:42 PM)
Trudie98
First Poster
Options

Have tried 3 different methods of contacting Samsung but it seems no customer service is available right now, so here goes. The problem is simple: I have insufficient storage space so cannot install my TV's software update. Here's the thing though, I have deleted all the apps I possibly can. I only had 3 that I installed, so got rid of them. Now I'm left with the bloatware (apps that came already installed and that cannot be deleted or disabled). The option to delete is greyed out. The update requires over  100MB, I have 93.96MB available. 

What I've tried: Reinstalling the preinstalled apps to reset their data/cache, and making sure anything I've installed is deleted.

I have no idea what to do now. I should note that I find it absolutely ridiculous that I'm in this situation to begin with. After buying a product I should have more control over what is taking up precious space on it. I understand the financial appeal of bloatware but this is a headache.

Any help would be very appreciated

34 REPLIES 34
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hi @Trudie98, have you tried doing a Factory Reset of the TV? Menu > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. 

sully1311
Journeyman
Options

There's a massive thread about this issue: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/apps-storage-space-issue

Samsung are ignoring it.

Andi_Ireland
Apprentice
Options

The bloatware just reinstalls on reboot. As Sully said, Samsung just ignoring it

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
sully1311
Journeyman
Options

Yes, that's the link I shared in the first post.

0 Likes
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

Samsung get millions for the bloatware. They are not interested in the customer who paid £1500. Even if you never buy from them again they will not lose as much revenue as they get from Apple, Reutaken, Netflix etc. Factory reset is a temp issue and annoying as you need to type in all passwords and details for accounts again. Using the very user unfriendly screen keyboard. HUAWEI will soon launch a competitive frame TV, that's probably your best bet. 

Darryl Washington
First Poster
Options

That worked perfectly for me (doing a factory reset). Thanks so very much for your help!!! 
I went to “settings” , “support”, “Self Diagnosis” and “Reset Smart Hub”

I had to re-enter my logins for the apps and it work perfectly!

0 Likes
Leonardo O
Explorer
Options

you can try  making a factory reset and re-entring to samsung account with a new account in the tv. this method worked for me in my 7 series smart tv. hope it will work for you...just let me now

Solitairex
First Poster
Options
I've done a factory reset. I've done a smart hub reset. Still have this issue.