Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Smart TV stopped connecting to internet (wifi and Ethernet)

(Topic created on: 17-07-2018 12:09 AM)
Bobik
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am trying to fix my parents Samsung TV F6500 which has stopped connecting to Internet since a few weeks. Here is my diagnosis: The TV won't connect to Internet using wifi or Ethernet throught their usual provider. When I use my 4G phone as an access point, the TV connects normally.

These are the solutions I have already tried and that didn't work:

- Reseting the ISP's router + changing it's IP adress

- Factory reset of the Samsung TV (using the Auto-diag menu and the secret menu that you access pressing different buttons on the remote)

- Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

- Updating the firmware

- Calling the ISP's hotline

'

My questions are :

- Is it possible to do a factory reset that includes the Network connections?

- Has anybody had the exact same issue as my parents?

- Even after the factory reset, the TV continues to say that the firmware is up to date, is it possible to remove the updated firmware?

I am out of options and the Smart Hub is now useless. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Go to solution
592 REPLIES 592
Thematrix31
First Poster
Options

Can't seem to find instructions for how to get into secret menu for my KU6300 with the smart/slim/whatever remote. Do you happen to know? 

0 Likes
RKShukla
Pioneer
Options

My Samsung Smart TV was connected to Wi-Fi but there was no internet on it. I tried a router reset and it was fixed. Followed the linked tutorial. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @RKShukla Glad your Wireless Internet on Tv working now , certainly router reset is one of the fixes.       Good tutorial, members have mentioned some of these.    Useful   that some of the error codes  and  solutions included.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

70inchtv
First Poster
Options

Worked!!!!!

0 Likes
MJKCHAMP
First Poster
Options

Found it!!

The issue is with the wireless authentication of your router. Your’s probably is set to WPA3-Personal. Just change it to WPA/WPA2. If that doesn’t work then you can try by removing wifi password on router.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly could be issue  if authentication is set to WPA3-Personal.  Settings on my router are

I would though point out that there are security risks in removing wifi password and if possible this should be avoided,  it is also best practice to change the password from the default one.   See some more information here: https://www.ricksdailytips.com/secure-home-wi-fi-network/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Arun_Mukkara
First Poster
Options

Hope you are well. Your details steps to fix the wifi issues in https://technastic.com/samsung-smart-tv-error-codes/#Samsung_TV_Error_Code_102 are very good. However, even after trying everything I was not able to get my TV(UE70TU7020WXXN) connected to the Wifi ( it works fine for Mobile hotspot though). Do you think I'm not doing it correctly or there are any other things I need to do. Appreciate your help with this.

0 Likes
Kdlight2020
Student
Options

How long do you have to hold it until it reboots? Does it come back on?

RKShukla
Pioneer
Options

Hold it for a few sends until it reboots. You can use other tips too if this doesn't help.

https://technastic.com/samsung-tv-internet-wifi-connection-issues-fix/ 

RobBarnes
First Poster
Options

Worked