Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN900B eARC problem with Denon AVC-X4800

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Vigier
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Just started using Samsung QN900B 8K TV and Denon AVC-X4800. Both are great products but I can't make eARC work. There are continuous audio dropouts both with TV programs and streaming apps when using Dolby Surround or Dolby Atmos. Only two channel PCM audio works with eARC. Samsung support re-installed TV's firmware and replaced main board of One Connect Box but it didn't help. Denon support re-installed latest firmware on AVC-X4800  and replaced HDMI card but it didn't help either. Both Samsung and Denon said that this was all they could do to solve the issue. 5 different HDMI cables were tested, certified and non-certified but it did not help. Also several different combinations of settings have been tested.

When reporting findings back to Samsung, they said that there is a possibility for incompatibility like this between Samsung and third party products. Before returning TV and receiver and trying some other products it would be nice hear from other users of Samsung-Denon product combination if you have experienced similar incompatibility issues and managed to solve them.  Also information about known working product combinations are highly appreciated when it comes to eARC between 8K TV and AVR.  Thank you in advance for your feedback!

30 REPLIES 30
Corboid
Journeyman
Options

I checked this new version. I have qn95a and the new version 2210.1 replaced the previous 2201.1.

Unfortunately the eARC with dropping sound is still not solved as I can see. I will stay on ARC.

I did not see any updates from Denon, so no I have no clue if the task force between AVC and TV manufacturers resulted in anything.

HDMI is old as Egyptian pyramids and eARC been around like 10 years and they still did not master it.

0 Likes
Knb
Apprentice
Options

Which update was it????

0 Likes
Corboid
Journeyman
Options

Version 2210.1 was released March 7 and  2201.0 in January.

0 Likes
RickyMur
Apprentice
Options

yes I also had a problem between samsung s95c and Denon AVR-X1600H audio comes out badly and jerkily with all types of possible configurations I'm still looking for a solution

Cblan1224
Student
Options

Same issues. Earc does not work on samsungs latest s95d and my marantz av10. It is utterly ridiculous that this hasn't been fixed. All Samsung earc has been broken for years and they do nothing. I do not understand. Meanwhile lg is releasing tvs that just work, period, and surprising people with more features than they can possibly imagine. I am really not happy about this. And even if my marantz av10 gets a 48gbps board upgrade one day, it still won't be compatible because these one connect boxes use dsc!!

Coming from an LG CX to a Samsung S95D and I feel like I've been thrown back into the stone age

Corboid
Journeyman
Options

hi,

I fully agree that’s crazy.  eARC been out for years and we still have issues with incompatibilities. Specially when talking about prestige models from leading large manufacturers.  I have an AVC Denon in $2k+ class, and Samsung smart tv in $2-3k class and they do not work, and no clue when/if it will be fixed.

BUT, I’m not sure who to blame. Samsung uses SoC (system on chip) chipset from one manufacturer (MediaTek) and Denon/Marantz and Yamaha use chipsets from Panasonic and at least one of them misunderstands HDMI 2.1 in different way.

0 Likes
Corboid
Journeyman
Options

FINALLY!  Denon and Marantz provide an update addressing this issue!!!!

https://support.denon.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3832/~/latest-heos-app-and-firmware-update-availab...

https://support-uk.marantz.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7214/~/new-heos-app-and-firmware-update-avail...

firmware dated 10.04.2024

• Fixed: Samsung and LG TVs are experiencing sound clipping every couple of seconds when using eARC

I tested TV and cable broadcasting, Netflix Atmos and Disney+ Atmos and it works.

However my Denon 4800 - gets stocked after firmware update in “Starting. Connecting please wait”. Could also not be found from iOS DENON app. Required disconnecting power cord 30seconds.

Corboid
Journeyman
Options

Please upgrade Denon firmware, the upgrade from 10.04.2024 solves the issue. See later in this thread for my other posting.

0 Likes
AlexSur
Student
Options

My devices are Samsung S90C77 2023 TV and Denon AVC-4800H, after updating my Denon AVC-4800H with firmware from 04/10/2024 eARC works fine, tested for about 4 hours

elzago
First Poster
Options

É o seguinte. Embora considere isso ridiculamente absurdo, que alguma certa marca de TV seja incompatível com certa outra marca de receiver pela porta eArc/Arc, mas é o que acontece com a Samsung, e eles não estão nem aí para o problema. Eu testei 3 modelos diferentes de TV Samsung em 2 modelos de receptor da Denon e não tive sucesso em nenhuma dessas opções de combinações. Por outro lado, todos funcionaram perfeitamente em uma TV LG com 10 anos de vida que possuo. É triste um fabricante dispor de um produto que não é compatível com uma das mais importantes marcas de receptor, a Denon. Como se a Samsung tivesse por caso modelos de receiver competentes que pudessem ser usados ​​no lugar da Denon. Nessa situação o consumidor é o grande perdedor. Pois se existe um padrão internacional ref. às portas HDMI, e nesse caso envolvem Arc e eArc, é claro que as compatibilidades deveriam ser universais. O consumidor deveria ter o direito de combinar as marcas que desejasse, e não ser limitado por uma falha ou má fé de um fabricante, no caso da Samsung.   

0 Likes