Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung QN900B eARC problem with Denon AVC-X4800

(Topic created on: 06-07-2023 08:49 AM)
Vigier
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Just started using Samsung QN900B 8K TV and Denon AVC-X4800. Both are great products but I can't make eARC work. There are continuous audio dropouts both with TV programs and streaming apps when using Dolby Surround or Dolby Atmos. Only two channel PCM audio works with eARC. Samsung support re-installed TV's firmware and replaced main board of One Connect Box but it didn't help. Denon support re-installed latest firmware on AVC-X4800  and replaced HDMI card but it didn't help either. Both Samsung and Denon said that this was all they could do to solve the issue. 5 different HDMI cables were tested, certified and non-certified but it did not help. Also several different combinations of settings have been tested.

When reporting findings back to Samsung, they said that there is a possibility for incompatibility like this between Samsung and third party products. Before returning TV and receiver and trying some other products it would be nice hear from other users of Samsung-Denon product combination if you have experienced similar incompatibility issues and managed to solve them.  Also information about known working product combinations are highly appreciated when it comes to eARC between 8K TV and AVR.  Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Go to solution
31 REPLIES 31
Solution
Corboid
Journeyman
Options

Try the latest firmware for Denon dated April 2024.

0 Likes
elzago
First Poster
Options
I had a very similar problem related to several other models of Samsung TV and two models of Denon receivers. For instance, related to the Samsung QN85B Vs Denon AVR X4200 and Denon AVR X3700. Samsung also changed the main boards, etc., but the problem was not solved, and they told me the same words... They can only assure compatibility if both products are Samsung. It's insane, because while both Denons couldn't work well in the eArc  function when connected to Samsung TVs, both worked perfectly with my 9-year-old LG TV. The conclusion is that Samsung TV has a problem with eARC compatibility in their TVs that they are not interested in solving. It's my opinion. For this reason, the solution I got by myself to solve it was buying an Amazon Fire Stick, which provides a better audio signal than is possible with the Samsung TV Optical connection. With the fire stick, you can process all audio signals . This way, I just stream channels like Disney etc. on the Fire Stick.         
0 Likes