Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN94A firmware 2101 Netflix broken Dolby Atmos

(Topic created on: 13-09-2022 01:29 AM)
Drabble
Apprentice
Options

Firmware 2101 on my QN94A 2021 QLED has broken Dolby Atmos on the internal Netfilx app, it did also break Atmos on all other apps and inputs but have manged get Atmos back with a series of resets and replugs expect for Netflix which still shows 5.1 using a HW-Q700A soundbar with firmware 1010.1.

EDIT: From the various model numbers reported it appears that this issue affects the T-NKM2DEUC platform in general.

A user on a another forum suggested re-pairing the solar remote to the TV to get the battery level back which has worked for me. You can re-pair the solar remote to the TV by holding down the backup and play/pause buttons on the remote until the TV reports that the pairing is successful.

30 REPLIES 30
scuba22
First Poster
Options

Have exactly the same issue with my qn900a

0 Likes
scuba22
First Poster
Options

Getting dolby atmos on all apps except netflix built in app

0 Likes
scuba22
First Poster
Options

is this a netflix fix or a samsung fix?

0 Likes
W1GGL3Z
Journeyman
Options

I spent about an hour back and forth with Netflix and they said everything is right on their end and it is something with the Samsung update that has affected that feature. I’ve spoke with multiple people at Samsung and all I keep hearing is they’ve seen no documentation on this issue which leads me to believe they aren’t going to fix it in a timely fashion. I haven’t owned mine very long so if that’s going to be the case I will see my options in returning the tv if I can’t use a major feature with the tv that they messed up in an update. 

Gilad Avital
Apprentice
Options

Same here in Israel with my QN90A....

No Atmos on Netflix after firmware 2101 update 😢

Spoke with netflix support not a problem on their end...

Looks like Samsung need to fix it with new update....

0 Likes
EdwardTsui
First Poster
Options

I have samsung Q70A + Q700b & QN800A + Q990b, all firmware is 2101 and face the same problem of no Dolby Atmos available on built-in Netflix, it is very frustrating…

0 Likes
W1GGL3Z
Journeyman
Options

I tell everyone to keep badgering them everyday until it’s fixed. In my eyes this is an issue that should be handled immediately. 

0 Likes
scuba22
First Poster
Options

CONTACTED SAMSUNG again today. FORWARDECD PHOTOS FROM THE NETFLIX APP AND APPLE TV+APP INCLUDING VEREFICATION PHOTES OF MY AV DISPLAY TO PROVE NETFLIX BUILT IN APP IS BROKEN. only one without atmos.

Also forwarded photo of netflix app sending atmos via my xbox which is connected to my av system

Definitely a samsung issue.

0 Likes
W1GGL3Z
Journeyman
Options

Sounds like you’re trying to handle it the same way as me. They keep trying to play the blame game or keep saying to hard reset the tv. It doesn’t fix it and they refuse to accept it. It gets really frustrated when they tell you to unhook the receiver and see if the problem persists. The tv doesn’t do atmos. It’s eARC’d to the receiver and they get confused again. I’ve messaged them every day and every time they tell me they escalated it and someone higher up the chain will email me within 24 hours and 4 days later nobody has gotten ahold of me. 

Indian_Geek
Journeyman
Options

Apple TV app is outputting Atmos but Netflix is broken(only 5.1), thanks for starting this thread otherwise I was scratching my head 😂

0 Likes