Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU8000 Shutdowns after Recent Software Update

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 06:50 PM)
The Grey Elf
Apprentice
Options

After the most recent software update (July 2022), my 65" Samsung AU8000 series smart TV now shuts down when using any of the internal streaming apps (HBO Max, Disney+, Vudu, etc.) after about 30 minutes or so of viewing (it varies between 10 and 45 minutes). The entire TV just shuts off. I have tried unplugging the TV to do a soft reset. No love. I have tried checking ALL the settings. There is no eco setting, the sleep timer is off, everything is as it should be. Doing a live chat with customer service is pointless because it takes so long for the shutoff to occur. This is beyond frustrating and I KNOW it's the TV because when I use my NVIDIA SHIELD TV streaming stick, it does not happen. It only happens when using the internal streaming apps installed ON THE TV. Has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone know of a fix? It's beyond frustrating. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Rajk2002
Apprentice
Options

Something similar happened on my Samsung, think it was a bad update.

As soon as I tried any of the inbuilt apps the TV would turn off. I ended up getting a firestick as it didnt resolve it self after reset etc...

but all of a sudden 6 months later it was working fine again.

Most likely need to wait for a new update.

0 Likes
The Grey Elf
Apprentice
Options

That was my concern. Hopefully they get more complaints about this issue and that leads them to issue a new update to fix it quickly. 

0 Likes
The Grey Elf
Apprentice
Options

Meanwhile I'll just keep checking the apps every so often and see if it resolves itself. 

0 Likes