Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN94A firmware 2101 Netflix broken Dolby Atmos

(Topic created on: 10-09-2022 05:43 AM)
Drabble
Apprentice
Options

Firmware 2101 on my QN94A 2021 QLED has broken Dolby Atmos on the internal Netfilx app, it did also break Atmos on all other apps and inputs but have manged get Atmos back with a series of resets and replugs expect for Netflix which still shows 5.1 using a HW-Q700A soundbar with firmware 1010.1.

EDIT: From the various model numbers reported it appears that this issue affects the T-NKM2DEUC platform in general.

A user on a another forum suggested re-pairing the solar remote to the TV to get the battery level back which has worked for me. You can re-pair the solar remote to the TV by holding down the backup and play/pause buttons on the remote until the TV reports that the pairing is successful.

30 REPLIES 30
tungngt1206
Apprentice
Options

Finally im not alone. Im still stuck with it then try almost all the solution on every topic but does not work. I guest about the firmware broken also

0 Likes
Rajk2002
Apprentice
Options

Same thing has happened to mine since yesterdays 2101 update. Soundbar shows as connected with earc and atmos but the apps have no atmos just 5.1.

How did you manage to get it working on the other apps? I have reset the smart hub apps, unplugged cables, power offs but still no luck.

0 Likes
Drabble
Apprentice
Options
In a weird way I am glad it is not just me also.

I have also noticed the solar remote battery level is also missing from the Power and Energy menu.
0 Likes
Drabble
Apprentice
Options
I started off by resetting the TV via the menu. Hopefully you won't have to go that far.

So after that I turned the sound output to TV and reset the sound settings then disconnected the soundbar from HDMI3 with the TV and the soundbar still powered on and reconnected. I got the Atmos device connected popup message, then checked the sound settings, at this point eARC is off and audio format output is set to auto. I also enabled input signal plus on HDMI3. Then I tried the internal Prime and still didn't get an Atmos flag on the soundbar so I replugged it again and it started working, then tried Disney+ and also got the Atmos flag on the soundbar, still no Netflix Atmos though only 5.1. I do not have an Apple+ TV sub.

I enabled input signal plus for my AFTV 4K Max stick and Panasonic 4k Blu-ray and they were working again for Atmos.

So I turned on eARC but left the output to auto for now and it seems fine apart from Netflix.

Also I have lost the solar remote battery level from the Power and Energy menu.
tungngt1206
Apprentice
Options

So it seems like Atmos work again even on Netflix after you enable signal plus on HDMI ?

0 Likes
Drabble
Apprentice
Options
No just with Disney+ and Prime video, Netflix still shows 5.1, also with Prime I now have to sometimes toggle the Atmos switch in the TV expert audio settings to get it to work.

You are correct, this firmware version is broken.
kris_p
Journeyman
Options

Same here, Dolby Atmos is missing in Netflix app since update 2101 on my QN92A.

I've also opened a thread in the German forum on the topic for more attention.

W1GGL3Z
Journeyman
Options

Glad I came across this because I’ve been pulling my hair out. I have a QN90a and noticed yesterday how I was no longer getting Atmos. Samsung support hasn’t been any help. They ask for a description of the problem then disappear. Hopefully since it seems like it is affecting all Samsung tv’s they will fix it fast bc this is ridiculous. The whole point of having the latest tech is to get the latest capabilities. 🤦🏼‍♂️

0 Likes
tungngt1206
Apprentice
Options

I also ask Samsung for help and factory reset but nothing changed. I think there are some reason may causes this happpen:

1. Lastest 2101 has release but still have bug like Dolby Atmos function on Netflix, also some Neo Qled tv disappear battery level, my QN85A even have some lags and delay when choosing menu options...

2. I also tested lastest firmware 2303 on Q80T ( update release on 12 Jul) but Dolby Atmos on Netflix and others apps still working fine.

3. Maybe Netflix need to update on fixing Dolby Atmos coding to be work with Neo Qled lastest firmware 2101.

So everything we have to do is waiting for fixing 😞

0 Likes