Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Malicious Process Blocked

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 12:37 AM)
Mikegriffuk
Apprentice
Options

Hi, does anyone know how to get the malicious process pop up notifications stopped on Samsung TV UE50TU7000KXXU 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV?

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
twuk
Pioneer
Options

We started getting this a few days ago on a 2020 model q950ts, seemingly related to the Apple TV app as it comes up when I try to launch the app. It also comes up notes when the TV is powered on.

I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling... No Joy. Also tried clearing caches using the check up function. Next stop support I guess.

0 Likes
Raed3125
First Poster
Options

If you reset/reinstall the smart hub it will fix the problem 

0 Likes
NicP
Apprentice
Options

The issue has been fixed via repair. Samsung sent over two engineers to replace the logic board on the TV. There was no real reason given as to why it happened in the first place. 

Unfortunately everything I had recorded on an HDD was not playable as the recordings are linked to the serial number in the logic board, but at least the persistent message is now gone.

Thank goodness the TV was under guarantee. 

0 Likes
twuk
Pioneer
Options

How exactly does one reset/reinstall smart hub in isolation?  Or are you suggesting a complete factory reset of the TV itself?

0 Likes
NicP
Apprentice
Options

There is a process to do a factory reset, which puts Smart Hub in the initial state the TV was shipped in, but when i tried that, while on the phone with Samsung support, it did not fix the problem and they had to call out the engineers to swap out the logic board.

0 Likes
twuk
Pioneer
Options

Sorry, someone above recommended just resetting smart hub, which I can't see being an option anywhere.

If correct, then the suggestion is to try a full factory reset of the TV itself. If that fails, then a physical replacement of the logic board?

0 Likes
NicP
Apprentice
Options

You are right, the smart hub cannot be reset in isolation.

For me the full factory reset did not solve the problem, so they arranged a visit where they replaced the logic board. 

Thankfully my TV was relatively new and covered by the guarantee. I also bought it from Costco, who give you a 5Y cover with the TV, so hopefully if this happens again, it will be free to fix.

0 Likes
twuk
Pioneer
Options

Yes, we also have 5 year guarantee through John Lewis, but this is a major hassle nonetheless. The TV is also wall mounted, and I'm guessing JL will want to take it away for repair first. 

This is already the second of this model we've had, the first suffered terrible light bleed around the edges. Starting to lose patience with Samsung.

0 Likes
NicP
Apprentice
Options

The repair team that came took 30 mins to sort it out and did it on the spot (ie did not take the TV away). I hope they provide the same service for you. I think if the factory reset does not work, they do the part replacement there and then. 

0 Likes
twuk
Pioneer
Options

So the good news is that a full factory reset appears to have resolved things for me.

The 'not so good' news is that although the remote worked fine after resetting/setting up, it then started failing to control our Sky Q box within an hour.  Today I've removed the input and reconfigured and it seems to be working again... for now.

Disappointed with how flaky this model has been!

0 Likes