Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update #2501

(Topic created on: 14-10-2023 02:12 PM)
Pat107
First Poster
Options

My Samsung UE43TU85OOUXXU updated firmware #2501 on 28/9, which included 4 malicious files which had been blocked. Since then the TV has continually rebooted and frozen.  All settings then disappeared and had to be re-instated.  At times the remote control does not work and has to be switched off at the wall socket.  What can I do to rectify this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Pat107 

It does sound as though your TV may benefit from a reset. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Device Care > Self Diagnosis > Reset. Any adjusted settings will be deleted and set back to the default settings the TV came with.

Let us know ow you get on.

0 Likes
Pat107
First Poster
Options

Thank you Chris for responding so quickly.  I did as you suggested and it is much better now, only rebooting twice during the evening.  It did, however, find 2 malicious files which were blocked and I reported this to Samsung via a pop-up dialogue box. Fingers crossed all will be well.

0 Likes
Pat107
First Poster
Options

I'm still having problems and have had to go back to default settings on numerous occasions. Am awaiting next firmware update to see if that will improve things.

0 Likes