Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG Q60 (49") Multiple issues

(Topic created on: 25-06-2023 09:14 PM)
Arniemat3
First Poster
Options

There are a number of issues with my TV that started all of a sudden.

The first had to do with a "malicious process stopped" pop-up that keeps popping up on the screen repeatedly. This led to resetting the TV.

The was the beginning of the woes. Post resetting the TV things seemed to return to normal but soon new issues kept coming up.

-The volume doesn't go above 67 or below 65. 

-The Netflix app doesn't work after I log in.

-Other apps won't start either.

-Youtube works though even though it signs me out.

-The error "lixby... a malicious process has been stopped" still pops up on restart but pressing cancel keeps the notification off until the next restart.

I have both wired and wireless networks setup. I am at my wits end here because I haven't faced this many issues with any other TV.

At this point the TV is only great when it's offline.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I've read the Netflix app can cause this and removing and reinstalling helps albeit I can see you have reset the TV.
How does the set work without Netflix?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Arniemat3 

other ideas include the following:

Do you have the latest firmware which can be checked on the Samsung support site ,  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/   

Ensure apps are to date but may well be set to Auto Update

A smart Hub Reset,switching off Tv for a minute, a soft Reset (pressing and holding power button on Smart Remote for around 5 seconds until Tv restarts  may solve some of these  particular issues.  in terms of wifi connection could  reboot router(unplug from mains) Another possible solution is to change the DNS settings. Go to Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings. Change from Automatic to to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. (Google servers) or 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220 (Open DNS)

Some information here https://thevpn.guru/configure-samsung-smart-tv-dns/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Arniemat3
First Poster
Options

Netflix doesn't even login anymore it just throws up an error when i try to sign into netflix. Also i can't unistall Netflix since it's pre installed. The last reset I tried didn't work....it just restarted the TV. My Samsung account and downloaded apps were still there.

0 Likes
Arniemat3
First Poster
Options

This is the model GQ49Q67RGT and from the SAMSUNG website the Firmware version there is the same one on the TV.

I have tried a smarthub and a normal reset. I am yet to try disconnecting the mains though. Internet works fine both wired and wireless. Youtube works so long as i'm not signed in.

0 Likes