Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last firmware update 1310.4 and youtube resolution

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 09:26 PM)
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Yesterday I updated my 55q7fn 2018 to the latest firmware available 1310.4 and Youtube app cannot reproduce videos at 2k or 4k. Before the update this was working fine.

Whant can we do? I've reinsalled the app and I've seen other users with the same problem with this new firmware.

Thanks,

76 REPLIES 76
AntS
Options

Hi guys,

I asked at our (Samsung UK & Ireland) side about this one, and received the following reply:

"We have worked with YouTube and found the root cause of the issue.

We will include a fix in the next software release for the affected models.

In the meantime, the same YouTube content can be accessed using the TV's web browser without suffering any reduction in playback quality."

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

Thank you @AntS for finally addressing this  ! Then I assume that this is a software related problem (maybe from the Samsung 1310.4 firmware update) and not an unfixable problem that would require the wireless board that had to be physically changed as stated by the Samsung moderator in the USA forum.

I am glad that you confirmed this problem on this UK forum, and that Samsung are actually working together with YouTube to fix with this - as it almost seemed a bit like Samsung and YouTube were not on the same wave length and cooperate with each other... This has been going on for so long now, and when nobody associated with Samsung wants to address this problem, it felt as though it might be a permanent flaw on our TVs that we "need to live with"…. It made no sense that changing of a wireless board would be the only way to fix this problem as the 4K works flawlessly through the TV's internet browser… Thank you again @AntS 😊

0 Likes
Pablo100uk
Apprentice
Options
If this is true then its fantastic news as this has been an issue for so long now. The silence from Samsung in relation to this issue has not helped the situation and made Samsung customers feel abandoned. Lessons should be learned from this if Samsung want our future custom. A message like this should have been sent out months ago just to reassure us that Samsung were aware and looking into the problem. Better late than never though so thank you AntS.

Is there any sort of time frame for this fix?
untravel
Journeyman
Options

Demonstrated this glitch and already dissuaded 4 friends from buying a Samsung QLED TV. Even if the solution is released, 6 months of not fixing the bug is a shame

0 Likes
xzess
First Poster
Options

Hope they adress the gamemode, and the "auto" option in color mode that actually does nothing, but swich to manual mode.

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

web_20210406_04_RC00 is really bad now. Almost all of the 1080p. videos are buffering and defaulting to 360p. It has been over 5 months now. I even notice that the sounds goes off in the beginning when switching the quality (which is a new negative thing), and that sometimes videos shows it is in HD or 4K in the icon, but real resolution is in 360p.

0 Likes
Members_k8jO6bG
First Poster
Options

Hi,

it's 2 months that Samsung should be fixing this and I actually thinking that they will not fix it. This is very annoying since it is from november that they broke my TV. I tried everything to fix it...until last week.

I think I found a solution that worked for me so, I am going to share it. Please note thatI have already tried all the possible reset with no success before doing this (tv, Smart hub reset, service menu reset).

Unfortunately you will need  a old remote (not the SmartControl) to open the service menu. I did as follow:

1-open the service menu using an old remote and pressing the correct key sequence(search on the internet how to do this, the key sequence is different depending on the region);

2-Open option-->mrt options

3-change these 2 options (I have no idea of which of the 2 do the trick because I changed both of them at once): 

Network support->from "wifi_int" to "wifi_int_only"

IPv6 support-> from "ON" to "OFF"

4-exit and restart the tv

Then you can test that everything work fine on youtube. After that you can also reset those 2 options to their original values. I did it and it is working fine since one week.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR TV.

hope this help.

0 Likes
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

Thanks @Members_k8jO6bG,

Can someone from @Samsung check that this is a correct solution to our problem and it cannot create any other related issues?

I'm also bored to check every few days if this problem is solved without success... and the promised update is missing.

Best regards,

Joan

0 Likes
Pablo100uk
Apprentice
Options
This issue still has not been resolved, Samsung are obviously ignoring their customers who spent thousands on their flagship tv's. Absolutely appalling customer service!
0 Likes
xzess
First Poster
Options

We have been scamed. HDR/freesync in gamemode not working okey, Youtube issue, Auto color option not working, and lies about releasing new firmwares. I think the new xbox app will not be in our "old 4k hdr 120hz tvs"...

0 Likes