Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last firmware update 1310.4 and youtube resolution

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 08:38 AM)
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Yesterday I updated my 55q7fn 2018 to the latest firmware available 1310.4 and Youtube app cannot reproduce videos at 2k or 4k. Before the update this was working fine.

Whant can we do? I've reinsalled the app and I've seen other users with the same problem with this new firmware.

Thanks,

76 REPLIES 76
IKnowEyes
First Poster
Options

I experience the same issue..

Samsung do notice this!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
JH33
Explorer
Options

I got the update last night and have sporadic issues with YouTube 4k now. I tried the trailer mentioned on the US forum and it was fine, but other content switches down to 360.

As people have already logged with Samsung, I sent a report to YouTube. Might be best if more people do that too, so we've covered both angles.

You can do this in settings on the TV app, and it sends the report from the TV, and they give a link to fill in more information too, which you can do from phone, tablet etc.

iShervin
Student
Options

GQ65Q7FNG, Software: 1310.4

Youtube 4K works fine

I recommend you restart your TV and reinstall youtube app

nycphil
First Poster
Options

Just updated QN65Q9 to 1310.4 in USA. Everything looks good, Youtube video and Youtube TV look better in fact.

0 Likes
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Let this be a lesson to all Samsung TV owners.. NEVER update firmware unless you read forums first to see what new side-effects they will introduce.

In every single update they push, they have introduced new bugs and a LOT of them have been breaking core functionality. And of course there is no way to downgrade and Samsung will fix (will they?) those bugs in many months after they broke your TV.

Mason3
Student
Options

Same here with my q6fn

RL11
Apprentice
Options

The only 4k video that breaks up for me is the one 4k video I happen to own - Birds of Prey. I don't have a problem with any of the free stuff. Anybody got an example of something that's free, that everyone can try, to see if it doesn't work for them? I'm sure it will help Samsung/YouTube if we can report an example of something that doesn't work, so they can try it and see.

0 Likes
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

You can try with this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcMlPl9jArM

1606225121873.jpg

By default it opens the video at 360p...instead of 4k.