Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last firmware update 1310.4 and youtube resolution

(Topic created on: 25-01-2021 11:25 PM)
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

Hello,

Yesterday I updated my 55q7fn 2018 to the latest firmware available 1310.4 and Youtube app cannot reproduce videos at 2k or 4k. Before the update this was working fine.

Whant can we do? I've reinsalled the app and I've seen other users with the same problem with this new firmware.

Thanks,

76 REPLIES 76
kaiserfernando
Navigator
Options
Hello, I am an Italian user, and even on my QledQ9FN 65 TV I have problems with you tube streaming. Contacted samsung assistance in Italy, they say they can't solve it because it's not their problem? but let's joke! Incredible
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options

Hello all,

I feel sympathy for all of you. I also had problems in the past with my Samsung TV due to software update breaking my TV's functionality. Since then I have disabled the auto-update and I will NEVER perform another update unless I read first in the forums for what new side effects they will introduce. I advise all of you to do the same.

Also if your TV still has valid guarantee, contact Samsung and request replacement immediately. They will fight you back hard. Hire a lawyer to request the replacement. Most likely they will replace your TV with a brand new one of recent model (free upgrade). This is what happened to me. They replaced my faulty Q7FA (2017 model) with a brand new Q7FN (2018 model) but only after hiring a lawyer against them.

I wish you luck.

untravel
Journeyman
Options

My friend, I'm glad that you managed to defend your rights and get a replacement. But this is relevant only for European countries where the legal system is on the consumer's side. In my country, such a large corporation as Samsung spits on its customers, even if there is a guarantee, I will spend time and money on litigation that I cannot win.

bphyma
First Poster
Options

Same here...after auto update youtube app wont play 4k. Im on an nu800 series. Its been months since broken. Samsung, FIX THIS!!!

Marcelo_cK
First Poster
Options

Same here! Q6FN

daniel4453
Journeyman
Options

BUMP! Lets start a boycott!

Vic22
First Poster
Options

Same issue on samsung q6fna 2018

Dmsdr
Student
Options

At this point I'm loosing any hope that this will get fixed.... Q6FN here.

Mason3
Student
Options

I've sold my q6fn and bought a lg cx on special. Glad I dont have to put up with this nonsense any longer. 

0 Likes
xzess
First Poster
Options

Same here, a shame for such a big company. 

Q8DNAT here. 

0 Likes