Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-12-2017 06:16 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

Trust me they have accepted misrepresentation, you can not loose.

Paul

@daleski75 wrote:

On top of this I have learnt a fair bit about consumer law and consumers rights so even if I do not win this case I know exactly what to do if this ever happens again, and to use credit cards for all large purchases.

Trust me you cannot loose they have accepted misrepresentation.

Paul

I wish I shared your cofidence! Will keep this going for as long as I can with Curry's, still no response yet but I suspect it's gone back to their legal department for further clarification.

Give them time, you probably will not hear from them till next week. The longer the reply the higher it's gone up the food chain. Be positive and show them you are not going to back down. That's what they are hoping you will do, because if you do they will have got away with it. Also remember on these forums some has been told by John Lewis that they will replace their rely. 

Paul

Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for your response. Johnjo is currently out of the office so your details have been passed to myself to respond on his behalf. . 

I would like to add my apologies for the disappointments that you are facing with your TV, however I must advised that we would not look to provide the resolution of a full refund as requested.

I do note your claim for misrepresentation of the TV, however at the time of purchase we provided advice based on the manufacture description at that time. We are not accountable for the withdrawal of services by Samsung.

I do understand that this is not the resolution that you are seeking, however I do trust that I have clarified the company’s position in this matter. 

Yours sincerely,

Is this the latest? If it is then they are breaking the law. Wait for Citizens Advice.

Yeah this is the latest, grabbed some info which you mentioned and putting it into a draft email. (not sent yet)

Dear *****,

Apologies but Curry’s are accountable as they have advertised it on their page and this is a matter you will need to take up with Samsung and please note I brought the product from your company after seeing the advertisement and based my decision around that and it is not my problem if Samsung decided to cancel or change their mind about the product in question.

It is quite clear that if the retailer ie Currys advertises something it does not matter where they got the information, it is the retailers responsibility, not the manufacturer and the retailer cannot absolve responsibility or pass it onto the manufacturer.

By offering a television you have already accepted mis-represtentation and I take it you are aware of the Oct 2015 European Consumer regulations?

Your failure to offer a full refund is a clear breech of said regulations and you are quite aware that if you force me to court I will be claiming all costs.

Kind Regards,

Dale
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

Trust me they have accepted misrepresentation, you can not loose.

Paul

@daleski75 wrote:

On top of this I have learnt a fair bit about consumer law and consumers rights so even if I do not win this case I know exactly what to do if this ever happens again, and to use credit cards for all large purchases.

Paul

I wish I shared your cofidence! Will keep this going for as long as I can with Curry's, still no response yet but I suspect it's gone back to their legal department for further clarification.

Give them time, you probably will not hear from them till next week. The longer the reply the higher it's gone up the food chain. Be positive and show them you are not going to back down. That's what they are hoping you will do, because if you do they will have got away with it. Also remember on these forums some has been told by John Lewis that they will replace their rely. 

Paul

Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for your response. Johnjo is currently out of the office so your details have been passed to myself to respond on his behalf. . 

I would like to add my apologies for the disappointments that you are facing with your TV, however I must advised that we would not look to provide the resolution of a full refund as requested.

I do note your claim for misrepresentation of the TV, however at the time of purchase we provided advice based on the manufacture description at that time. We are not accountable for the withdrawal of services by Samsung.

I do understand that this is not the resolution that you are seeking, however I do trust that I have clarified the company’s position in this matter. 

Yours sincerely,

Is this the latest? If it is then they are breaking the law. Wait for Citizens Advice.

Yeah this is the latest, grabbed some info which you mentioned and putting it into a draft email. (not sent yet)

Dear *****,

Apologies but Curry’s are accountable as they have advertised it on their page and this is a matter you will need to take up with Samsung and please note I brought the product from your company after seeing the advertisement and based my decision around that and it is not my problem if Samsung decided to cancel or change their mind about the product in question.

It is quite clear that if the retailer ie Currys advertises something it does not matter where they got the information, it is the retailers responsibility, not the manufacturer and the retailer cannot absolve responsibility or pass it onto the manufacturer.

By offering a television you have already accepted mis-represtentation and I take it you are aware of the Oct 2015 European Consumer regulations?

Your failure to offer a full refund is a clear breech of said regulations and you are quite aware that if you force me to court I will be claiming all costs.

Kind Regards,

Dale

Nicely said. 

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

Paul

You keep saying "loose" - quick, tighten it up if it's loose!

I think you mean "lose" :smileywink:

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Final draft before sending.

Dear *****,

Apologies but Curry’s are accountable as they have advertised it on their page and this is a matter you will need to take up with Samsung.

In addition to this I brought the product (Samsung 55KS7000) from your company (Currys) after seeing the advertisement for Samsung Smart Thing Extender and I then based my purchasing decision around that.

Further to this it is not my problem if Samsung decided to cancel or change their mind about the product in question.

It is made clear under the Consumer Rights Act that if the retailer ie Currys advertises something it does not matter where they got the information, it is the retailers responsibility, not the manufacturer and the retailer cannot absolve responsibility or pass it onto the manufacturer.

Kind Regards,

Dale
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

Paul

You keep saying "loose" - quick, tighten it up if it's loose!

I think you mean "lose" :smileywink:

Should use the spell checker more, thanks.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Final draft before sending.

Dear *****,

Apologies but Curry’s are accountable as they have advertised it on their page and this is a matter you will need to take up with Samsung.

In addition to this I brought the product (Samsung 55KS7000) from your company (Currys) after seeing the advertisement for Samsung Smart Thing Extender and I then based my purchasing decision around that.

Further to this it is not my problem if Samsung decided to cancel or change their mind about the product in question.

It is made clear under the Consumer Rights Act that if the retailer ie Currys advertises something it does not matter where they got the information, it is the retailers responsibility, not the manufacturer and the retailer cannot absolve responsibility or pass it onto the manufacturer.

Kind Regards,

Dale

Also inform them this is also going to Citizens Advice and you are following their advice on this matter.

Paul

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Final final draft lol

Dear ******,

Apologies but Curry’s are accountable as they have advertised the said product on their page and this is a matter you will need to take up with Samsung directly.

In addition to this I brought the product (Samsung 55KS7000) from your company (Currys) after seeing the advertisement for Samsung Smart Thing Extend and I then based my purchasing decision around that, it is not my problem if Samsung decided to cancel or change their mind about the product in question.

Kind Regards,

Dale
0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Dear *****,

Apologies but Curry’s are accountable as they have advertised the said product on their page and this is a matter you will need to take up with Samsung directly.

In addition to this I brought the product (Samsung 55KS7000) from your company (Currys) after seeing the advertisement for Samsung Smart Thing Extend and I then based my purchasing decision around that, it is not my problem if Samsung decided to cancel or change their mind about the product in question.

Lastly I have passed all of the responses to The Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards and in accordance with them I am following their advice.

Kind Regards,

Dale

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

there is no chance that you will loose this case as they have accepted the error of misselling, only thing is if they want to do things amicably and what citizens advice thinks you are enttled to

I'm sure retailers are reading this and they are already p*****g in pants as they know that what complaints to ASA nd trading standards will do to them, they are counting on people caving in as they stand to pay hundreds of thousands in penalty, dont forget PPI mis-seling!

When I conacted HSBC in 2017 about the charges they said i was given pleanty of information but eventually they lost and had to pay big time!

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Dear *****,

Lastly I have passed all of the responses to The Citizens Advice Bureau and Trading Standards and in accordance with them I am following their advice.

Kind Regards,

Dale

Press send.

0 Likes