Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code

(Topic created on: 25-01-2023 05:29 PM)
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Hi,
I,m looking to download an App on my Samsung 6 Series TV but I,m getting an error code 189 and to try again!
I have reset the Network Settings and still getting the Error code(try again later).
Also,.on Samsung My Account page it,s telling me to Re-active my TV. I can't seem to find Add New Device on this page. I have my smartphone registered thou.
Any thoughts??

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Gerrymac. Have you managed to download the latest software update for your TV?

If you have not had a chance to do this yet, installing the latest software update should resolve the error message:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-install-software-and-app-updates-automatica...

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Paul,
Forgot to add that yes I have checked for Updates and all is good..Model of TV UE55MU6470 with 1310 Update.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gerrymac  You have the latest Update.  Ideas include the following:

A soft Reset (pressing and holding power button on Smart Remote for around 5 seconds until Tv restarts ),  Factory Reset  and Rebooting router and TV (unplug from mains and wait at least 30 seconds before reconnecting. Another possible solution is to change the DNS settings. Go to Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings. Change from Automatic to to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4. (Google servers) or 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220 (Open DNS)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you for the details.I will carry them out tomorrow and see what happens.Never had to change the DNS before though
0 Likes
Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Hi...Reset router and hit Create New Account on TV. I had changed password yesterday..so entered email address and password. Success and was able to download App..
Many Thanks for the assistance 👍
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Glad it is sorted

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ANESPIRITU29
First Poster
Options

Hi James, are those DNSs applicable in the Philippines? Can I try it?

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Yes worthwhile at least trying, these are global public DNS servers.

0 Likes