Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q80BATXXC Screen cutting on 4K+120hz+Vrr

(Topic created on: 23-05-2023 05:38 PM)
miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

I have a QE55Q80BATXXC and I'm having a strange problem.

While playing God of War Ragnarok I was using the Favor Quality + High Frame Rate On + VRR the screen sometimes cuts off and then comes back. This happens randomly. If I turn the VRR off this doesn't happen. With other games with a similar configuration it happens as well.

I've already tried another HDMI port/cable and happens as well. Before I had a QE55Q80T model and this never happened. Had screen flickering but it never cut off the image.

Here is a video of the problem

https://youtu.be/haNEWJtf-fY

Called Samsung support but they weren't able to help me unfortunately.

Tried to reduce the transfer rate on PS5 (-1 and -2 options) and didn't work as well. PS5 VRR implementation is not working properly with Samsung TVs. Or at least with my model.  On Xbox Series S never had this issue. 

Do I have a faulty TV? Any idea what's going on?

Thanks!
Best regards!

6 REPLIES 6
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
It seems like it could be faulty if it'd flickering stops starts it most likely is. If u can't get through samsung go to the retailer where you originally bought it from.
0 Likes
miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

Hi there.

This tv wasn't bought. It was replaced by Samsung because my previous model was returned by warranty.

I've explained to Samsung support that could be an issue on the tv but they don't know how to be sure of that (whatever that means).

If it is faulty why the issue doesn't happen with the Xbox Series S?

Best regards 

0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Usually in this case samsung should be the one where they suggest a repair or inspection.

I had a samsung tv many years back but that was through currys and now have lg.

If I were you go back to saksung again keep trying. Call the customer support team
0 Likes
miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

I agree with you. I need to call again and ask for proper support. My main objective with this thread is to understand if others with the same model had the same issue. Because if not there is certainly a problem with my tv

Mohammed22
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I am currently facing an issue with my QA55Q70BAUXSA TV when using it with my PS5. The VRR on the TV turns off and back on, causing cutting on the screen. I have not yet contacted anyone for support, and I am seeking a solution to this problem.

Could you please let me know if you have any advice or guidance on how to resolve this issue? If there is any additional information or details that may be helpful, please let me know.

Thank you,

miguelfcp
Explorer
Options

The issue is the same as reported everywhere on the forum. Unfortunately there is no solution asides from turning off the VRR (which is not desirable). 

Or PS5 implements other VRR protocol (like AMD Free Sync like Xbox uses) or Samsung updates the firmware to fix this (which I'm not seeing happening)

0 Likes