Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Year warranty not showing on registered product page

(Topic created on: 23-05-2023 03:53 PM)
Hedgernator
First Poster
Options

I recently registered my new TV for the 5 year warranty.  I received email confirmation that this was successful but when I view the TV on my registered products page it still only shows the basic 1 year manufacturers warranty expiry date.  Should this date have updated after my 5 year warranty registration was confirmed?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Hedgernator  The expiry date should  have updated but perhaps will not display straight away.  you may wish to contact support to  clarify.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/        However you do have the email confirmation.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Joshkh
Pioneer
Options
As long as you keep the email confirmation that has the reference number on it, thats all you need.
0 Likes
Joshkh
Pioneer
Options
Assuming that you went to the correct site to register?..There is a specific site to get the 5 years, as it is a promo.
0 Likes
beard9983
First Poster
Options
I have a similar issue. I purchased all my devices direct from Samsung as they said there is no need to register. It will automatically register.
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

@beard9983, there does appear to be some confusion in the information you received as extended warranties do need to be registered within the claim period. The standard warranty doesn't need to be registered. 

0 Likes
Garry11
First Poster
Options

All a bit odd as Samsung do not mention a special site they simply say as below 'successfully register your TV'. Mine does not show the 5 years after registering the product on my account. I only noticed this today as I was  registering  another product! 

Purchase a qualifying product between 22 March 2023 and 31 March 2024 and successfully register your TV to receive an additional 4 years extended limited warranty service. This includes call out charges, parts and labour. It’s just another great reason to choose Samsung.

0 Likes
Garry11
First Poster
Options

I thought mine was registered for 5 years by dint of registering the product. Looking deeper  into this for my Smart TV it does appear that the promo is only for certain stores which does not include many of the big chains!

Obfuscation comes to mind!

Participating Retailers | Samsung UK

0 Likes
Garry11
First Poster
Options

Participating Retailers | Samsung UK

Not sure if this is useful, as 6 months later mine has not updated, not sure if it is because it was purchased from Currys whom are  not on the list!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Garry11: Apologies for any confusion surrounding the eligibility criteria for our extended 5 years warranty. While the icon does state 'By redemption within 90 days of purchase," I do appreciate that it is not entirely clear what steps need to be taken to redeem the warranty. We have a separate portal for purchases made from samsung.com, which I have included below, however Currys are sadly not a participating retailer in the offer. 

https://my-samsung.com/uk/mysamsung/offers/#/8LYTF7HRGFZ8V/

0 Likes