I am having the same issue. Tried redoing all the settings and nothing from the switch. It works on my other newer TVs so I know it isn't an issue with the cable or docking station. TV is a 2010 Samsung LN32C450E.
Not sure if you’ve solved this but here what I did.
1. Unplug everything from the TV.
2. Remove power plug (I waited 10 minutes).
3. Plug TV in and reset TV by holding power button on remote until Samsung logo comes up.
4. Verify HDMI settings are correct in system settings.
5. Plug in Switch (I used HDMI 1) and power on
at this point the TV quickly detected my Switch and labeled it as such, also restoring the swap to game modeON when the Switch is turned on.
After that I plugged in the rest of the home entertainment items and have had no problems.