Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can’t connect my Nintendo Switch to Samsung TV.

(Topic created on: 04-04-2020 05:27 PM)
Asylum_Demon
First Poster
Options

It's not problem with HDMI or dock station.IMG_20200404_183831.jpg

46 REPLIES 46
Stephr5
First Poster
Options

For me switching the tv resolution to 480p under tv settings in the switch settings did the trick

0 Likes
chefac
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem and none of the solutions above did anything to help... Staying away from Samsung screens in the future for sure.

chefac
Student
Options

I bought and HDMI repeater and it solved the problem!!

Art20
Student
Options

Which one did you buy?

0 Likes
Art20
Student
Options

Having the same issue my switch will connect to everything except my Samsung TV this post was made on June 21st 2022

Keyszd
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Nintendo Switch stopped being recognized by Samsung ( both my Samsung tvs)  a few months ago. This sounds like a class action lawsuit if not fixed. 

0 Likes
itsnatalieferrari
First Poster
Options

Okay guys really silly fix that worked for me… I had ALL of these issues and I tried ALL of the fixes and solutions. Resetting everything, changing resolutions, game mode, getting new cables. You name it, I tried it. Except the one obvious thing! I didn’t realise that the switch HAD to be charging at the same time as connecting to the TV. As soon as I plugged it it to charge at the same time, it worked! Connected immediately. No sacrifice with the resolution. I know this isn’t the issue for some people but for me and maybe for some other people, this will be the solution. Or I was just being super dumb haha

0 Likes
Sky panda
First Poster
Options

What I have found to have worked for me is with my Samsung Crystal 4K TV is sometimes the TV has to go through a process to detect the device so with everything on and already plugged in with the switch and the dock unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and then wait a little bit for the source to disappear on the source settings and then plug it back in and the TV will go through a detecting device process and that's what worked for me

0 Likes
ckm1
First Poster
Options

I had this but it just keeps not finding it, gives me an option to register the switch as a pc by pressing down on the remote, and then it works...for a short time. Then the shortcut to PC (the switch) is gone again.

0 Likes
KKO01
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. I have the Animal Crossing edition Switch dock. It worked for a while when I first got it. I take my switch back and forth between where I currently live and my boyfriend's place. The switch dock works just fine on his TV (He has an Emerson) but it won't read on my Samsung. It knows there's something connected but won't read it. I've tried resetting both the TV and the Switch and changing the range to limited on the switch. I have a Samsung series 5 TV. 

0 Likes