Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play videos via Web Browser

(Topic created on: 16-09-2022 02:28 AM)
realitywynn
Apprentice
Options

**Help**

My Samsung TV is no longer playing videos whenever I try to access them via websites on the Web Browser within the TV.
UHD9000 series is my TV..
Does anyone have any tips on fixing this?

Please advise..

Thanks in advance!

123 REPLIES 123
Natsud
First Poster
Options

I don’t think this issue will get resolved as I believe Samsung want us to buy new TVs just like Apple want us to buy new phones … I have the same issue with a UE32K5500AK “being in IT for 20 years” I have tried an online firmware update, I have tried manually updating the firmware via USB (both say up-to-date), I have reset the smart hub on the TV, I have reset the network settings on the TV, I have done a full TV reset, I have had a new router (by chance as I’d already ordered an upgrade - the TV played videos before and after the new router then just stopped - I can see video placeholders but nothing when the video plays), I have fully reset my router back to factory settings but videos still will not play through the browser which comes part of the TV.

It’s almost if videos are streamed through a Samsung server and they have changed a setting which now stopped it working.

0 Likes
GoDieSmsng
Student
Options

?

Have played videos on my Samsung TV for 2 years from the Web Browser and from yesterday sites "lag" and show white screen.

Wtf is wrong with you?

GoDieSmsng
Student
Options

I have 3 samsung phones, Space Monitor, Q600A series Soundbar and a sheityy 500$ TV, it seems, because you stopped supporting video-streaming sites.

When fix?

0 Likes
Williamwoof
Apprentice
Options

Me2, was one of the reasons I bought it as the salesman at BestBuy sold it as a feature and now I can’t.  ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!! I’ll NEVER, EVER buy another Samsung product, if they don’t fix it, which they won’t. My beautiful TV isn’t even that old, 4-5 years.Do they expect us to buy a new one after that time period?? Greedy ******’s

Just_a_nice_guy
Journeyman
Options

I found a fix. I have the the 2021 Samsung TVs so I'm not sure if it'll apply to the older browser apps. Go to the browser setting in the browser app and turn on "Use" for the "Block Third-Party Cookies" under the "Privacy and Security" setting. That did the trick for me 

Just_a_nice_guy_0-1663865217657.png

Also, chromecasts are so cheap now. $30 on the latest Google Tv device on sale right now

Williamwoof
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, I’m going to try right now. When I bought the TV it was the best at the time and also EXTREMELY expensive but I wanted it especially when he told me I could browse and watch anything in the app. I look at the prices now and it’s shocking how cheap they are now. 
Again, thank you for your advice/fix🤞🤞

Wm

0 Likes
Williamwoof
Apprentice
Options

worked for me as well, thanks m8

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Unplug your Fire TV and wait 60 seconds.
Press and hold the Left button, Menu button, and Back button at the same time. ...
Release the buttons and wait 5 seconds.
Remove the batteries from your remote.
Plug in your Fire TV and wait 60 seconds.
Put the batteries back in your remote.

Hope this helps too

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Samsung TV internet browsers can stop working if the web browser app data is corrupted or if your TV does not have enough RAM. Simply restart your Samsung TV, clear your browsing data, and check your Network connection.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Q-easy
Apprentice
Options

There is no VirginMedia player app for Samsung. VM have four Terrestrial channels in Ireland. I used the Samsung browser for Web version of this, and for live sport stream website, but somehow auto update was switched on, by visiting family. Now I've no video on browser, and I've already tried the tips, Desktop mode, allow cookies, cache empty.  I don't want to factory reset as it takes so long to get Freesat working and tuned. I've already suffered for 5 years as this 2018 Qled does not allow terrestrial tuner and satellite tuner to share the EPG, menu bar, recent list etc. It takes 11 button presses on the remote to switch from terrestrial TV channel to a satellite TV channel.

This is now the second TV, as I bought a Sony Android in 2021, with a choice of simple browsers which play video, I have  VMplayer app which gives live TV in HD,  (on terrestrial tuner it is SD), and TV can mix terrestrial and satellite EPG also. No if only I could solve Freesat EPG update problem on the Sony......

0 Likes