Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer error 02103 - not streaming

(Topic created on: 18-08-2023 11:05 AM)
RotjeknorUK
Journeyman
Options

A brand new Q60C delivered 5 days ago. All apps installed and all seems fine. But BBC Iplayer not streaming, error 02103. Samsung support over the next 3 days checked everything, reser smart hub, router and reset all apps, still no luck. Samsung will escalate with BBC. BBC issued this statement July 4 https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/crashing-samsung-tv but my tv is not on this list. Does anybody else have a similar issue? #bbciplayer 

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
63johnw
Journeyman
Options

Just tried and it’s working for me now without doing anything 🤷‍♂️

0 Likes
RotjeknorUK
Journeyman
Options

I'll give that a try because now the live stream is not loading! Watching worlchamos cycling earlier today fine, but put on standby for an hour the live stream not working Support is supposed to ring back so not resolved. 

0 Likes
DaveOz99
Apprentice
Options

Also happening on my new QE50 50 inch. Very annoying. Unplugging everything from power socket seems to work, but have to do it evey time. This needs to be sorted out by Samsung or BBC.

0 Likes
DaveOz99
Apprentice
Options

Yes, just unplugging from the wall and switching on again seems to clear it for me, but I'm not going to do that for the rest of my life!

0 Likes
David273
First Poster
Options

I think I have the same issue. I've also reported it to Samsung and gone through all the diagnostics with them so hopefully they are aware and working on a fix.

In the meantime I've found a workaround. The issue doesn't seem to affect uhd programmes and if you start watching a uhd prog and then try watching a normal resolution programme it works. The error eventually comes back but you just need to start watching another uhd programme again

0 Likes
Members_Ns2B0S8
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem. We had a Q60B 2022 model and never had any problems. A storm took out the TV and the insurance replaced it with the newer model Q60CA 2023 model. Other apps work but iPlayer gives the 02103 error every time we try to play something. I tried searching a few weeks ago but nothing, now this thread shows up.

Currently using the virgin box for iPlayer so not a massive problem but still annoying as I sometimes forget. Hopefully Samsung and BBC can get together and work this out.

David273
First Poster
Options

Does the workaround I've found work for you?

0 Likes
DaveOz99
Apprentice
Options

When you say at present you're getting iPlayer on your virgin box, do you mean using an internet browser (like Chrome or Edge)? I have a Humax box, and I could try that I guess. The iPlayer app on the TV apps list should still work of course. 

0 Likes
RotjeknorUK
Journeyman
Options

I think you need to log with Samsung so they are aware of the ongoing issue with the BBC iPlayer. I think the bbc from time to time release an update to the tv. But only when a problem is logged? Samsung assured me several times the customer satisfaction is a very high priority to them. 

Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Samsung are working to provide a permanent solution to this issue. In the meantime it is possible to prevent the problem from happening by opening another app prior to launching BBC iPlayer or selecting terrestrial TV prior to opening BBC iPlayer.