Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer error 02103 - not streaming

(Topic created on: 31-07-2023 05:26 PM)
RotjeknorUK
Journeyman
Options

A brand new Q60C delivered 5 days ago. All apps installed and all seems fine. But BBC Iplayer not streaming, error 02103. Samsung support over the next 3 days checked everything, reser smart hub, router and reset all apps, still no luck. Samsung will escalate with BBC. BBC issued this statement July 4 https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/crashing-samsung-tv but my tv is not on this list. Does anybody else have a similar issue? #bbciplayer 

0 Likes
Go to solution
33 REPLIES 33
David273
First Poster
Options

That's good news. I don't find opening another app to always work. The only sure way seems to be to start watching a uhd programme on iPlayer first.

0 Likes
RotjeknorUK
Journeyman
Options

Thanks. It happened again the other day but by unplugging and restarting the tv it resolved the issue. Definitely a bug that needs a solution.

0 Likes
millalex
First Poster
Options
Just tried ut and it works 💪 thank you
0 Likes
Cam60
First Poster
Options

I get round it by closing iplayer and loging into (and back out of) Netflix. When I go back into iplayer it works fine. It's like the problem has something to do with the iplayer App not fully connecting to the web without another App paving the way!

0 Likes
Cam60
First Poster
Options

That's what I found works for me 

0 Likes
Jassa
Student
Options

I have had a 4k samsung t v since June this year and have had no issues until now .An older model t v (also samsung ) in the kitchen gets iplayer no probs .  Also I'm having issues with apple tv app too.

0 Likes
Partita
Pathfinder
Options

Try clearing cache and data.

0 Likes
Mwelch555
First Poster
Options

Hi ChrisM

I have a CU8000 50" that has this problem. Is it on the list of affected models? I checked the link but this model not mentioned: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/crashing-samsung-tv

The workaround of opening another app first does not always work for me. V.frustrating

0 Likes
DaveOz99
Apprentice
Options

This is making me angrier every day that this problem is not resolved. It has been going on for a long time now.

As I see it, it is a Samsung problem as it only seems to be affecting Samsung TVs. 

What is Samsung doing about it?

I feel like returning the TV because it isn't working as it should! 😠

0 Likes
David273
First Poster
Options

See https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/connected-tv/samsung-error

*** Wednesday 30 August ***

We're aware that some users are unable to access iPlayer on their Samsung TVs. They are seeing either error 2103 or 3103. 

Samsung have investigated this and will be releasing a fix in the next firmware version, due to be released in the coming weeks. 

Affected users should ensure that their device is up to date.

0 Likes