Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

50" QN90A firmware update broke Bluetooth transmitter

(Topic created on: 16-12-2022 11:51 AM)
srjohnston
Explorer
Options

I have 2 50" QN90A TV's.  I really like them.  On one of them I decided to upgrade the firmware from version 2101.2 to 2111.1.  But after doing that my Bluetooth headsets no longer work.  I have both the sonny mk4 and mk5 headsets. 

On my TV running firmware version 2101.2 they work perfectly.  But on the other that just upgraded to 2111.1 they connect, then immediately disconnect and even the way it disconnects, it turns the headphones off.  Can I downgrade my TV back to the working firmware version 2101.2?  My model number is QE50QN9-AATXXU.

Does anyone have a download link for 2101.2 for UK TV's, that I can install via USB?

26 REPLIES 26
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @srjohnston 

Could we ask if your Smart Remote is still working with the TV you've updated the software for?

srjohnston
Explorer
Options

Hi,

The power button and the volume buttons work on the tv running 2111.1 so yes it connects.  I tested with my second qn90a tv in the kitchen and it works on it as well running 2101.2.  I logged a call with samsung yesterday as apparently you cant downgrade firmaware, I believe it has been transferred to the software team.

0 Likes
srjohnston
Explorer
Options

@ChrisM 

It is only the transmitter side is broken.  The receiver side is fine.  On my TV with 2111.1 firmware I connected my OnePlus 9 Pro and it connected and played music to the TV fine.

One other thing I did notice was, before on the 2101.2 firmware, if you have a paired headphones connected and turn on the headphones, they auto connect to the TV, you then get a prompt to press OK that they have connected, which was a little annoying but I could live with it, then you started listing to the TV through the Bluetooth headphones.

On the 2111.1 firmware, you can pair the headphones fine, but they do not stay connected, they disconnect immediately, also what ever way they disconnect, it turns off the headphones as well.  The other thing is, once paired, if you turn on the headphones they do not auto connect any more.  You have to go into the Bluetooth menu and try and connect, then it just disconnects.

Other people are saying that on the 2111.1 firmware game pads are no longer working correctly either.  There was a thread in reddit about it, but I cant find it now

srjohnston
Explorer
Options

@ChrisM is it possible to get a copy of the 2101.2 firmware and copy it to a hard drive, then do a local install from USB, downgrading the TV back?  That would at least get Bluetooth working on the TV?.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @srjohnston ,

once that the TV has been upgraded there is no way to go back to previous software versions, I'm afraid. Do you have any other Bluetooth devices at home to try to connect them to the TV? 

0 Likes
srjohnston
Explorer
Options

@ChrisM  @TessM 

That is disappointing.  I wish Samsung would properly beta test firmware updates before releasing them.  My TV in the living room is affectively broken at the minute.  I use Bluetooth headphones on it a lot.  I managed to turn off the auto update on the QN90A in the kitchen before it updated to 2111.1, currently it is running 2101, so both my Sony MK4 and MK5 Bluetooth headsets still work with it.

I have 3 Bluetooth headphones in total at the minute, Sony MK4 over ear and in ear headphones and Sony MK5.  None work on my QN90a in the living room, but all of them work in my QN90A in the kitchen.

srjohnston
Explorer
Options

@ChrisM  @TessM  how do I go about requesting a new firmware version to resolve the Bluetooth issues? 

theculturedvulture
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue as yours. My AU8000 disconnects my Sony WH-1000XM4, but is ok with my Samsung Earbuds. Tried using my Sony in another TV/Gadget and it works. So it seems to me that Samsung disconnects Sony headphones...

theculturedvulture
Journeyman
Options

This problem just happened when they updated the firmware. My Sony earphone no longer works on my AU8000. It connects, then stutters, then disconnects - in a matter of seconds. Tried everything from Factory Reset to removing the HDMI-earc option. But my Samsung Buds Live work on my TV though (I don't want to use it on my TVs though since its pretty uncomfortable after an hour). 

0 Likes