Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 QLED firmware 1401 subtitle bug

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 08:49 PM)
FrankieSomeone
Pioneer
Options

Looks like firmware 1401 breaks the subtitles for files played from USB devices.
Once the first one appears, instead of ending when it should, it stays visible forever or until the next title replaces it.

This happens on my Q90R and I also tried a total factory reset but it didn't fix the problem.

87 REPLIES 87
TheUserWithNoName
First Poster
Options

Yep, I have the same problem here (Q70R in this case), though to be more specific, there is a bit more to it than that. At first, the subtitles actually don't appear at all (even though they are enabled in the settings). You have to either close the file then open it again or rewind/fastforward a bit to make them appear. Then, when they finally show up, as you said, each subtitle stays stuck on screen until the next one appears, which then stays stuck on screen until the next one appears, and so on. So, depending on when the next one shows up, you can be stuck with a subtitle on screen for a lot of minutes, which is quite annoying.

I too have tried a factory reset and it didn't fix the problem. Makes me regret I didn't disable automatic updates, especially since chances are they probably won't fix that problem until 6 months from now (based on previous updates problems I have seen mentioned on this forum).

AnDr1o
Student
Options

I have the same problem with Q60r. Please fix it!

vxt
First Poster
Options

Hello,
And same issue with Q80R...

jaimetnl
First Poster
Options

Same here. No QLED, but a regular 55" LED from 2019. Got the 1401 update and then I noticed this exact problem. Quite annoying

JMQ90R
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have the Q90R and since 1401 update switching input source, I often have no sound. I need to power off / on the TVto get the sound back. Poor update where is the UAT on these releases!!
PhilipRaets
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with files streaming from a dlna-server on a 43" Frame from 2019. Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade to the previous firmware, so we will have to wait for the new one to see if it gets fixed.

Maarten3001
Journeyman
Options

Same here with a Q90R on 1401. Please fix it!

polinom1989
Student
Options

same for qe55

0 Likes
xc12
First Poster
Options

Same with UE65RU8005  please Samsung fix this  !

0 Likes