Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 QLED firmware 1401 subtitle bug

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 08:49 PM)
FrankieSomeone
Pioneer
Options

Looks like firmware 1401 breaks the subtitles for files played from USB devices.
Once the first one appears, instead of ending when it should, it stays visible forever or until the next title replaces it.

This happens on my Q90R and I also tried a total factory reset but it didn't fix the problem.

89 REPLIES 89
StefanK1
First Poster
Options

Same problem here (Q70R) but only if I'm using subs embedded in the video file - when using subs downloaded from any subtitles website, renamed as the file name and put in the USB device along with the video file it works fine. Maybe it is a bit annoying but only solution for now ( at least for me).

Members_0zqqWgV
Student
Options

I got the same problem...hope so there will be soon  reupdate..

0 Likes
Maarten3001
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for pointing this out! It works for me as well (Q90R). For now it’s a decent work around until they fix the issue.

0 Likes
Members_0zqqWgV
Student
Options

Well at least i hope they do know about a problem..

0 Likes
scruffyb
First Poster
Options

Just noticed this issue on my TV(50RU7400), very nippy. Hoping it will be fixed soon but suspect it won't be seen as a priority.  This update also seems to be causing issues with external sound systems as well so maybe a bigger issue will force a fix for this.

0 Likes
Members_NKBbBcc
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem and I really really hate it. Please fix this soon Samsung!

0 Likes
JuanPardo
First Poster
Options

I have same problem after firmware 14.01 update in my QN55Q70 . At first I though it was something that could be solved by factory reset. It didn't... 

It's very anoying to have subtitles stucked all the time... please solve it!!!!

0 Likes
ScaredMouse
Journeyman
Options

This bugs is also happened for me from version 1401, its been a month for me, its driving me crazy, done factory resets and wasted bunch of time trying to fix it and now i see that its software issue from freaking Samsung and its been a month... why Samsung don't fix it? its not only with files, its also in netflix... Samsung QE65Q60R

0 Likes
Tim Tam
First Poster
Options

Just adding my 2c. Q70R, my sound will occasionally cut out when starting to play audio. I can watch 3 or 4 shows on netflix or plex on the same input but then the next one will have no sound. I occasionally also have the issue when switching inputs. in both cases rebooting the tv fixes this. This issue only arose after the 1401 update

0 Likes
JD_32
First Poster
Options

Same for UE65RU7440SXXN.

Details (via Emby app):

1) Start a video with subtiltes enabled.

2) video starts

3) subtitles only appears during a fraction of second (disappear almost instantly, impossible to read anything). All subtitles lines will be displayed but only (displayed at the 'start' of the sub line timestamp but does not stay)

4) stop video

5) Start video without enabling subtitles

6) fast forward to a moment when a subtitle is supposed to be displayed and activate the subtitles at that moment (during a dialogue)

7) Subtitles appear properly but stays on screen until the next subtitle line erases it

Yeah pretty annoying.

0 Likes