Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5E tablet fingerprint sensor not working.

(Topic created on: 13-09-2022 08:42 AM)
Aliesha
Apprentice
Options

the sensor is not responding. I tried to reset fingerprints but it says "fingerprint sensor is not working" My device is powered off every night. up to date and physically clean.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi,

Check if the following helps -

Settings > Apps > Show system apps > com.samsung.android.biometrics.app.settingz > Storage 

Clear cache. If this does not work, force stop the app and restart your phone.

0 Likes
Aliesha
Apprentice
Options

I can't find show system apps. Pressed all the buttons but can't work it out, 

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Adding screenshots for reference -

Screenshot_20220913_002156.jpg

Screenshot_20220913-002202_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Aliesha
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. Still says not working. 

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

You might have to book an appointment with Samsung service centre for further analysis and repair.

0 Likes
Aliesha
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for trying, appreciate it.

willjoe
Explorer
Options

Most of the software issues like an Android fingerprint is not working can be fixed by rebooting your phone. This step does a lot for your phone because the devices that aren't restarted for a long time may lose their performance. Just press the power button for a while to let your phone restart

Hope this helps

0 Likes
Aliesha
Apprentice
Options

Thank you, But its a tablet and it is turned off every single night. I have also reset multiple times, still not working.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Aliesha: If you head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics > Fingerprint, and follow the on screen instructions, does this flag any issues? If so, please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us, and get in touch via phone, Live Chat or the available social media channels, and an advisor will be able to assist you further, and raise any necessary repairs. 

0 Likes