Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motherboard issue Galaxy Tab S7

(Topic created on: 25-03-2024 06:47 PM)
dgmjr1998
Apprentice
Options

Last summer, my Galaxy Tab S7 fell on its "face" and part of the screen got damaged, thus exposing the internals. Since I wasn't near any Samsung repair centres, I put some tape on the affected areas to avoid moisture entering. 

During this period, the fingerprint sensor and the power button failed one after the other and I was forced to keep it constantly plugged in to avoid it turning off, but the one time I unplugged it, the tablet discharged and never turned back on. 

I dropped it off at an affiliate repair centre where they held onto the tablet for a few weeks until they told me that the two power buttons didn't work and that the motherboard may be the issue. They proposed to replace the motherboard but could not guarantee this would fix the issue. 

My question Is whether a way exists to retrieve the data of the tablet, or is it lost forever? Because I have a lot of images and documents which were stored there. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@dgmjr1998: In this instance, please click on the link below, scroll down and select 'Back up your device remotely', for steps on how to utilise Find My Mobile/SmartThings Find to backup your data. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/#:~:tex....

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
dgmjr1998
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew, I am unable to see thr option for thr remote backup neither for the tablet or any of my other devices.
0 Likes