Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S7+ won't switch on after flying

(Topic created on: 12-09-2022 06:15 PM)
iamdonev
Apprentice
Options
My Galaxy tablet hasn't had any issues so far until now. Basically I had a 4 hour flight and I switched off the tablet but it now won't power up at all.

Initially I thought the battery has died. When I connect a charger it vibrates to indicate charging but nothing comes up on the display (eg. the charging ring with % in the middle) and it just won't turn on. Any ideas on what to do?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Probably has something to do with where the tablet was stored during the flight which may have damaged the screen or caused an internal issue. You'd probably need to speak to Samsung support or you could try searching YouTube for people with the same issue that found a fix.
0 Likes
iamdonev
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the advice Stuart and I'll certainly get in touch. However please don't assume my tablet wasn't handled properly as I use the official cover+keyboard case and I've got a special cushioned compartment in my carry on backpack. It's definitely not been physically damaged in any way - I carry it on me all the time for over 9 months.
0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

From a Home screen, swipe up or down from the center of the display to access the app's screen.
Navigate Settings. Connections. 
Tap the. Airplane mode switch. to turn on or off

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
iamdonev
Apprentice
Options
Hi there Stuart, thanks again for the advice. Checked on YouTube and found a solution that worked - had to hold the power & volume down button for like 2 mins straight 🤣 I'd only tried the regular 10 seconds
0 Likes
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
When I give advise I try to give a couple of the most logical options, assumptions have to be made because your post never started how it was stored. More often than not on flights bags are Jammed in overhead storage (no matter how well you think its protected it can still be physically damaged)
0 Likes