Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Smart home App - not working

(Topic created on: 24-06-2017 01:03 PM)
Traveler99
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

since he last update of the smart home App (iOS version) the app does not work at all.

At the beginning it did crash every time during "connecting to server" - after Deinstallation and Installation it does not connect anymore to the smart home device (air condition in my case). He smart device itself is connected to Wifi and can be reached via PING....

i neeed help 😉

Go to solution
133 REPLIES 133
aLTeReGo
First Poster
Options

Has anyone that's had this issue and spoken to Samsung support received any solution or workaround? This problem seems to be specific to my account as I replaced my PowerBot with a new one, yet I can't register it with my Samsung account either. That's two PowerBots with the exact same issue. I've tried multiple devices, some IOS some Android, makes no difference. I brought the PowerBot to my friend's house, connected it to their WiFi, same errror. At this point, the only common denominator is my Samsung account. 

0 Likes
MechEng70
Student
Options

Funny enough it started working the other day.  

I have been in contact with CS with not help.  Just so happened that within an hour of posting a crappy review on the play store, it was able to connect to the Samsung servers. 

0 Likes
teageo
First Poster
Options

Asian culture issue of saving face?

0 Likes
somehume
First Poster
Options

After logging in to this website and accepting the updated terms and conditions, I was able to log into the app and once again re-accept the terms and conditions.

0 Likes
samuelkadolph
Apprentice
Options

Very disappointed in Samsung. I bought these expensive washer and dryer and within a few months the notifications stop working and I cannot add them back to my Smart Home app. Nothing I try makes a difference just fails "connecting to server".

0 Likes
bfpierce99
First Poster
Options

i just got a samsung oven and am using the ios app.  the oven is connected to my network and shown on the app.  i hit the button on the oven to enable access with my phone.  i see the oven on my app on my phone ... but it always says disconnected.  thoughts?  i've already uninstalled oven and reinstalled oven on my app.  no dice.

0 Likes
Ioannis_Crete
First Poster
Options

Hey everyone, 

Just want to point out that the issues with iPhoneX are still on. 

It is frustrating to buy a such an expensive smart AC with wifi connectivity and not being able to work it. 

I am really starting to believe that Samsung is not interested to their customers (of smart home appliances) if they are also iPhone owners. 

The question now is "should or shouldn't I sell my new smart Samsung AC" ?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all! 

Might be worth checking out my new post here.

0 Likes
Johnsjan59
First Poster
Options

Why is it taking so long to fix the server issues. If I had know about it before I would not have invested over $2k in new washer/dryer. I try to login an from my iPhone 6 and it just will not connect to Samsung server. I’m using the latest version of IOS and will not be downgrading. Samsung you need to fix this!

0 Likes
atmogadaffi
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I had the same issue @Traveller99... mine only say network unvailable.

please help, im using the latest update on IOS & Smart home.

Thanks

0 Likes