Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending back the Samsung note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 12-09-2020 02:04 PM)
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Called up Samsung and told them problems I was having to be told I can get a replacement so agreed to them be told will be 2 weeks they come get the returned phone back to hold it in quarantine for 3 days test it for 2 then order a replacement. I asked if its a brand new phone to be told yes I then questioned the fact why test it for 2 days for your engineer to come back with there's nothing wrong with it if that happens what will happen from they're all I got told was then should be a new phone. So I just decided they're and then I'm not being taken for a ride and opted for the refund. I got informed of 2 reps the Battery should last 2 days well I can confirm that is bull I don't even get 5 hours
37 REPLIES 37
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Yeah I agree for the price is terrible and the Samsung contact center are a joke never get a person that understands me Scottish accent. Then to be told they're nothing they can do I well I'm no being sick with a faulty phone so they can take it and ran it where the sun don't shine back to the Faithful Huawei p40 Pro
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Julie84 

I think the agent does not quite understand Samsungs own policy of the 28 days cooling off period when buying from the UK Samsung Online Store  !

Distance selling comes into play.

This only changes if a person goes 30+ day's of owning the phone.

From https://www.samsung.com/uk/shop-faq/returns-and-cancellations. 

You may return your products for any reason within 28 days from when you receive the product(s) or collect the product(s) from a click and collect location. If your product is faulty and you notify us within 30 days of delivery or collection, you can select to receive a repair service, an exchange or receive a refund. "

This is why I choose to sometimes buy this way as you have the benefit of using the product for 28 days knowing you can get a refund.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I see Chrome is using a chunk @Julie84 

My usage habits are to turn the phone off and charge overnight and then power up at 5am and then power down at 9pm.

On leaving the phone idle for that time period I lost 4% battery.

0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Iv used 6.4%is that alot? Fb seems y to use more and why do they say background when I have most apps to sleep with no background usage
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The Facebook App has always been a resource hog too @Julie84 

Some use Facebook Lite or access Facebook via their Url on their browser but some features are lost.

0 Likes
bluace
Voyager
Options
hi @julie84 so sorry to hear all this not good at all I see you are going back to the Huawei p40 pro will that still have Google on? etc its a pain the whole situation is
Lovetech79
Explorer
Options
@Julie84 what a terrible experience u seem to be having with the new Samsung note ultra, while this experience must be bad, I am pretty sure having experience with a Huawei P40 Pro actually puts u in a good position to compare as that phone is stink!
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Hi @bluace yeah well be going back to Huawei no didn't have goggle on it but was used to the way it worked louvred the camera and battery was much better than this. Yeah it isn't half a pain quick to take it money but not quick in doing anything about it or at giving money back
Julie84
Voyager
Options
@lovetech79 I actually really liked the Huawei p40 Pro at first took me a while to get used to it but after a while of not having Google I thought it was great especially the camera and battery was much better than this and took no time at all for charging it
Lovetech79
Explorer
Options
@Julie84 so u didn't have Google on that phone after all the legal wrangles that Huawei had! I was offered one as my work phone an i used to get some laughs from people in the office!