Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending back the Samsung note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 12-09-2020 02:04 PM)
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Called up Samsung and told them problems I was having to be told I can get a replacement so agreed to them be told will be 2 weeks they come get the returned phone back to hold it in quarantine for 3 days test it for 2 then order a replacement. I asked if its a brand new phone to be told yes I then questioned the fact why test it for 2 days for your engineer to come back with there's nothing wrong with it if that happens what will happen from they're all I got told was then should be a new phone. So I just decided they're and then I'm not being taken for a ride and opted for the refund. I got informed of 2 reps the Battery should last 2 days well I can confirm that is bull I don't even get 5 hours
37 REPLIES 37
bluace
Voyager
Options
yea course thats y we don't mind what we get out of them ,, no defo something aint right if that is all you are doing such a big shame as it is a great phone
roryh86
Pioneer
Options

Hi again.

My phone is the Exynos yes.

I explained in my other post that the way Screen on Time works on this new battery usage graph in device care is a bit different than how it used to work before.

Before, when Samsung used to say Screen on Time, it was measured from the moment you disconnected the charger. But with this new OneUI interface, the screen on time displayed is the number of SoT hours between 12am to 12am (in 24 hour period). So that can include SoT from before charging. Thats why you're seeing 9+ hours of screen on time. Because it is including 2 hours of screen on time before my charging (look left you'll see from 12am to 4am, I had 2hr2min of screen on time). 

To make this easier, I have attached some screenshots and wrote some notes (I have added up each SoT segment manually rather than attaching 10 screenshots!). On 12 Sep, from 12pm to 12am, I had 7hr20min SoT. Then after midnight, on 13 Sep, I had 25min SoT before it reached 1% and died. So in total, 7hr45min. Which is exactly what AccuBattery screenshot calculated. 

I hope this makes sense!

P.s this is why I attached AccuBattery screenshot in first post, because it gives you Screen on Time from moment you disconnect charger.

20200913_151631.jpg

20200913_151738.jpg

0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
yeah that's all I'm doing on it I just charged it there took it off left it sitting and went to 3% in no time then when I go into it says it been on fb when iv not and if got it set up to put app to sleep when not in use but doesn't seem to do it as still says there background usage
0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
96% and not even used it using the note 10
0 Likes
bluace
Voyager
Options
do you have always on display on all the time? does that gave a effect 🤔 am not sure of the ins an outs etc
0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
I have it on schedule off during the night still manage to use more than what I would think should do.me either not to sure of ins and out but hey ho il cut my losses maybe just the unlucky one to get a dud battery.
0 Likes