Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending back the Samsung note 20 ultra

(Topic created on: 12-09-2020 02:04 PM)
Julie84
Voyager
Options
Called up Samsung and told them problems I was having to be told I can get a replacement so agreed to them be told will be 2 weeks they come get the returned phone back to hold it in quarantine for 3 days test it for 2 then order a replacement. I asked if its a brand new phone to be told yes I then questioned the fact why test it for 2 days for your engineer to come back with there's nothing wrong with it if that happens what will happen from they're all I got told was then should be a new phone. So I just decided they're and then I'm not being taken for a ride and opted for the refund. I got informed of 2 reps the Battery should last 2 days well I can confirm that is bull I don't even get 5 hours
37 REPLIES 37
studatelya
First Poster
Options
i had this when i first got mine turned off the always on display and it fixed the issue mate
dembow
Explorer
Options
Battery life depends on many different factors, such as installed apps, signal strength, display settings, and many more. I suggest having a look at the following page for guidance on how to extend your phone's battery life: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-device-care/
It should be fair to expect one day of battery life from Note 20 Ultra, however two days may be an exaggeration and will highly depend on how you use your smartphone.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Julie84 

There's a few different varying opinions on how the N20 Ultra should perform. Samsung show in their promotional material what it should do.

There are battery saving tips which can be found on existing threads, via a Google Search and on YouTube.

I'm not in favour of turning off good features etc to save battery. I want to use some of those all new bells and whistles ! It's an expensive phone so we expect high end functions and features and for it to last for a reasonable time before having to charge it up. Obviously how its used determines this.

My opinion and personal benchmark is that the phone should give a day's usage depending on usage patterns and then be improved by tweaking settings and features that you don't want or need and then by software updates. Also recharging and discharging helps the new battery reach it's optimum output.

Out of the box the phone's battery isn't optimised and will optimise as the phone is used which can take approximately a week which is the learning phase.

Now wether a phone should have a learning phase is another discussion in itself.

I had the N20 Ultra for nearly two weeks and it easily gave me a days usage with around 30% battery left in the tank. 

In settings > device care > battery > this will help so show what's using the battery.

But battery stats and screen on time is a subjective topic as we all use our phone's differently and set them up differently too.

I bought directly from the Samsung UK Online Shop and have a 28 day cooling off period to be able to return the phone for any reason wether it be a change of mind or it not performing as expected, or replacement along with some other reasons and there is no step of testing the phone for the reason returned.

They do however ask that the phone is returned in a reasonable condition with no water damage or the screen damaged.

I can't speak for what happens in other regions / countries however so the small print and T&C's should be checked thoroughly.

I've gone back to using my N10+ 5G until Samsung generate my refund and then I intend to start again.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@studatelya 

I like the AOD and what it brings so use tap to display instead of having it On all the time.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Julie84
Voyager
Options
Hi yes I bought mine from Samsung website themselves too in the UK but on the phone they told me it needs to go in for the expert's to look at it for 2 days that's after it berm quarantined for 3 days. They tried to say it was a repair it was getting I refused straight away as the phone is only 4 days old. They took me through trouble shooting which done nothing iv turned off most background y running apps aod on a schedule but to be fair I like that feature myself so don't want to turn it off this is my battery usage from today and not even 4hours
0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
This is today from 100% last night woke up to 86% not even been touched to then only 3hrs 4 2 mins and only 23%left
0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
To be fair I like that feature myself and double checked and that barley uses the battery I have it on a schedule.
0 Likes
Julie84
Voyager
Options
This is my stats over 4 days yesterday I had to fully charge twice to get nearly 6 hours
0 Likes
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
shocking battery is a disgrace, fake reviews had to have been done, how are these reviewers getting a day with 20% left before bed so they say but people getting brand new devices have over heating, pale screen and slow exynos chip, why turn off all the features you like sure then a device is pointless to you just to try save a few percent battery, ive never seen things to have to learn the usage, all my other phones out of the box done great, samsung messed up again and try tell people the learning curve might fix it, ive seen two people so far with note 20 that after 8 days the battery was still awful, they got a refund of their nearly 1500 euro, scamsung can't do much right these days especially the note 20, get a refund dont let them have your money and you stuck with a bad device that was praised by fake reviews