Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

randomly beeping

(Topic created on: 12-10-2022 08:32 PM)
beccatha
Student
Options
Is anyone else's samsung suddenly started making random beeping noises. This started in the last week and I've not changed anything on my phone. Also me battery is draining so fast it's ridiculous. It would always last me all day but now I have to charge it up at work. Both these problems started at the same time.  Was perfectly fine before 
26 REPLIES 26
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Do you have a phone cover
With a credit card
Could be NFC
Picking up the credit card

(You can try turning the credit card around so the wifi logo is not showing in the cover this will also help stop the beep from the credit card)

Or have notification reminders on
AndrewL
Options

@beccatha: Can you confirm the model number and current Android version of the phone, located in Settings > About Phone? Next time you hear the beeping sound, try heading to Settings > Notifications > Recently Sent, to see if any apps are listed that correspond time wise. It may be an app working in the background, such as an email app, so it's worth exploring as a possibility. 

0 Likes
Zahraaa
First Poster
Options

Hi, I had the same problem. I tried all things that often mentioned in the beeping problem:

1. Nfc. Not worked, mine doesn't have one

2. Check notification log. Also nope, no app detected

3. Turn off notification reminder. Nope

4. Sim card setting. Nope.

5. Disable developer option. Nope.

6. Reset app preferences. Yass worked! But only for couple days, aaand you have to set the apps setting again. Meh.

7. This is what worked for me: Setting->Apps->Permission Manager->Microphone->GOOGLE->change the allow all the time to deny. But this might affect the google assistance or something.

And then I remember that the beeping sound was started since I installed google assistance. So maybe evaluating the apps that you installed and set the setting will help to stop the random beep.

My device: Samsung A20s, Android 11.

(1)
beccatha
Student
Options
I don't ever have notifications on for anything
0 Likes
Con4327
Student
Options
Yes that just worked for me. Thanks so much
0 Likes
Con4327
Student
Options
Yes that's worked for me.. thanks so much
Andipandi
First Poster
Options
You're a genius
Langu
First Poster
Options

this worked for me, thanks you the sound was annoying yerrr. 

0 Likes
peterbelly
First Poster
Options
Why does my phone on calling anyone has a beep on dialing
0 Likes