Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Factory reset without access to email accoun

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 03:24 PM)
Steve1956
Journeyman
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
I have my Mums old A21s mobile phone. The Samsung account was set up using a google email address. This account has since been deleted, so we have no access to the email address. I am trying to reset the phone to factory settings, deleting everything. I am unable to do so as I am unable to verify her account by recieving an email. Tried the "power / vol. up.. " method but this only turns the phone on / off without giving me any other option. Please advise.
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
Mobile Apps & Services

@Steve1956: On your Galaxy A21s, please swipe up from your Home Screen > Settings > Tap your profile at the top of the list of settings > Profile info > Email > Change, then enter an active email address that you can use to receive the verification emails. You could also select Security and privacy > Two-step verification, and disable this feature if you continue to have trouble with this process. 

For steps on how to return the phone to its factory settings, please refer to the guide below. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device...

0 Likes
Steve1956
Journeyman
Options
Mobile Apps & Services
Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately I am unable to complete these actions. The reason is, the Samsung account was set up with my Mums Google email address. That Google account has been closed, so we cannot receive an email to it to be able to verify the account....
0 Likes