Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WW9000 Auto Dispense leaking detergent

(Topic created on: 14-01-2021 07:38 PM)
Suzie81
Apprentice
Options

I’ve got the above washing machine, and when I take the auto dispense drawer out at the bottom of the drum to refill, the detergent has always leaked and is sitting in a large pool at the bottom, which I then have to try and get out. I thought maybe the actual drawer was leaking but I’ve replaced it and it is still happening. Can anyone shed any light on this? TIA

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Suzie81: I've had a look into this for you, and the user manual mentions that, "when removing the Auto Dispense unit to check the remaining amount of detergent, the unit may have a small amount of detergent remaining in the bottom of the unit." With this in mind, this seems like an expected occurrence, although it may depend on how much detergent you're adding, or how much is being dispensed in accordance with your chosen/preferred cycles. Have you tried having a play around with the Auto Dispense settings to change the Amount and Water Hardness options, to see if you notice an improvement? For further clarification, please check page 20 of the user manual via the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202010/20201027143433592/WW9000HE_DC68-03377D-10_EN.pd...

Suzie81
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Andrew, I’ll have another play with it. Crossing fingers it works as there is rather a lot pooled in the bottom, so much so that it squelches when returning the unit if I don’t clean it out. Maybe I’m trying to dispense too much, but as a family of 5, I would have assumed that it would need the max for the size of the loads I put it. Very helpful though, I hadn’t thought about the water hardness. Thanks for replying so quickly! 

0 Likes
janlohman69
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem.
Even though I have two units with exactly the same issue.
Both is leaking and creating a big pool of mess in the bottom for the dispenser.

I examined them and I can confirm that both is leaking, not just from the outlet, but also from the body itself. I have used melted glue, to try to seal the leakage. 
I think I have made them tight.
The remaining problem is the sealing for both plugs in the bottom, and also the sealing for the close button for the detergent and the software they are like to large, they are not tight either.

Is it possible to order new sealing plug’s for both the bottom plugs and for the sealing for the detergent and softener plugs?
I don't want to buy one more dispenser, they are very expensive and hard to get in Sweden.
If I could just order new sealing, I can get my existing units to work.

BR
Jan Lohman

Suzie81
Apprentice
Options

Hi Jan, 

I ordered a new unit (£70ish) and after a few successful runs, it did exactly the same so I have just resorted to using detergent in the drum. Annoying as I purchased the machine so I wouldn’t have to do that! 
I’m not very hands on, so would struggle with trying to manually fix it myself, and would worry I would break something!

I wish you the best with trying to resolve the issue! 

janlohman69
Student
Options

It should not have to be like this.
I have read on Internet that this is a very common problem.
Many is giving the machine just one star because of this error.

Samsung should take some action to improve the quality for this product.
For example change material in the sealing. The quality is not good now.
I think the machine itself is amazing and I love the function for the machine.

But... this sealing issue shouldn’t bee that complicated for Samsung to solve (if they want).
Instead of using cheap plastic sealing they could use urethane sealing or some other material.
They one they are using now, is obviosity not working.

This is a expensive high end consumer product;
Samsung should take better care of this product.