Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New washing machine, bouncing, rattling

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 10:25 PM)
Martin L
Student
Options

hi all, I have a brand new WW90T4540AX washing machine and having solved a “won’t drain” issue myself by realising the guys that installed it connected it to a waste pipe with a plug in it, I am now experiencing three more issues:

1. When on spin the machine bounces around (have checked shipping bolts have been removed and machine is on a level floor as the house is new)

2. Also when on spin, a banging sound comes Ron the front bottom of the machine and when I get down there a panel is flapping around under the force of the spin. 

3. Just ran the 40-60 eco cycle and machine got to 1 minute remaining with machine spinning like crazy for 20 mins. Had to turn the thing off in the end to stop it.

I’ve tried to arrange Samsung to send an engineer and they say they can’t find my address even though I bought it on Samsung.com and they arranged delivery to me! They’ve also asked me for proof of purchase, again even though I bought it direct.

In total, a pretty miserable experience of Samsung. Any advice welcome.

Thanks

M

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Please contact Samsung to arrange an engineer to come and look at the issue.
0 Likes
Martin L
Student
Options

As I mentioned, I have done that and have been waiting days for a call back as they say they can’t find my address even though they delivered the washing me to me at this address and it’s the address on the account. 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Paul_HL
Samsung Pro
Options

Hi ,

could well be they snapped the foam support part of the packaging when they installed it and that's now stuck underneath and catching the drum.  Pull it out and out and tilt the appliance or if you still have the packaging you can check it .

Cheers

Paul

Martin L
Student
Options

Thanks for the replies. Finally have an engineer booked today so hopefully he'll sort the issues.

M

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news, @Martin L!

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Martin L
Student
Options

Engineer has sorted the problem. Apparently all down to a poor installation. Installers had not ensured the machine was level causing the machine to bounce around on spin whilst also preventing the spin from finishing when the program should end. As mentioned previously, they had also connected the drain pipe to a waste pipe under my sink without removing the stopper in it. Having paid for the installation, I will be making the case I am due a refund. 

0 Likes