Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECOBUBBLE ADDING LIQUID DETERGENT.

(Topic created on: 05-11-2019 11:20 PM)
Luke1066
Student
Options

We have just bought, a new Samsung washing machine Ecobubble WW80J55555FW. Can you place A ball containing detergent inside the drum? This was how I did this on my last machine. Instructions say add diluted detergent into the drawer, instead of inside the machine. Currently use concentrated liquid?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Luke1066: This should be fine as long as the detergent ball is designed to be used in domestic machines. To be sure I recommend following the detergent manufacturers guidelines for further clarification.
0 Likes
dorsetaj
First Poster
Options

We are in the same situation, I prefer to use liquid detergent and for the machine to run overnight on off peak power.  The problem is that as soon as the delay is set then the drum turns a couple of times and so would leave neat detergent on the clothes for several hours.  Adding the liquid to the dispenser drawer (even using the special blue insert for liquids) is pointless as the liquid seeps past it immediately and into the drum.   So how can I use this machine with a delay and with liquid detergents?

0 Likes
Luke1066
Student
Options

Hello Dorsetaj,

We also noticed the drum turn a couple of revolutions then stop. Appears no way around this happening! As you say, "would leave neat detergent on the clothes for several hours"  as well as a few areas, on garments.  Like you the machine is filled with items awaiting washing, then started later. 

It is now impossible, delaying the start with any liquid detergent. in order avoiding this.

Also machine cycle time is hard to find on each setting, as the manual only shows a couple.

To date Samsung have not responded to our request for information on either time or the liquid detergent problem.

If we recieve an answer from Samsung, we will let you know as well.

0 Likes
dorsetaj
First Poster
Options

Had a good idea last night which is to place a small plastic box measuring about 5cm by 10cm in the left hand dispenser tray .  You then put your liquid detergent in the box and close the drawer.  When the cycle starts several hours later the liquid is washed out of the box and into the machine as normal.   At the end the box has some very dilute liquid in it which you tip out.    Will be trying this tonight.

0 Likes
dorsetaj
First Poster
Options

Another thought is that perhaps it doesn't matter.   We are adding say 50ml of detergent liquid to the tray which slowly drains into the machine.  It wont actually come into contact with the clothes as it will be in the bottom of the tub surrounding the drum waiting for when the the machine starts and the rest of the water comes in.

0 Likes