Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4. Wifi not turning on

(Topic created on: 22-05-2023 02:57 PM)
TheBish
Journeyman
Options
I received the latest firmware update on the 15th of May. After installing, the phone restarted several times on its own but appeared to be fine to start with. What I did notice though was that the phone was very hot and the battery was draining quickly, till it eventually switched it self off. So, I recharged the phone and switched it back on. What I found was that the phone had gone into flight mode. I turned the flight mode off and then I found that the WiFi was turned off. I've tried turning on the the WiFi. It turns it self straight back off. I've tried resetting the network settings. Makes no difference. The WiFi will not turn on.
127 REPLIES 127
TheBish
Journeyman
Options
Yes, I was informed of that. Trouble is, no error messages are coming up. The problem is constant. The WiFi option won't switch on. When I sent the error report, I was informed that the log didn't contain anything relating to the issue.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Did you send in an Error Report within 15 minutes of experiencing the issue? If not, this could explain why the log didn't contain the information. Please give this another try and let me know how you get on. If our engineer provides you with the same answer, I'll look into escalating it from our side.

0 Likes
TheBish
Journeyman
Options
No, wasn't able to send within the 15 minutes of it occurring as the phone went through a rapid power drain and switched off. Then I was stuck at the lock screen with the phone in flight mode. Only managed to resolve that by connecting the phone to another USB device.
0 Likes
Soulreaver87
Journeyman
Options
Has anyone found a solution to this?
My WiFi stopped turning on about a week ago and all of a sudden today my Bluetooth turned off and now I'm unable to turn that on.
I've tried everything except Factory Reset as I always worry I'm going to lose important items on my phone when I do it.
0 Likes
Members_fPQPsb8
First Poster
Options

it doesn't work for me either, and I'm abroad for work without the possibility of connecting with the telephone.
to the moderator, I can't even send the report... it's especially after one spends a lot of money these things shouldn't even happen

0 Likes
Htet Aung
First Poster
Options

Issue of Wifi not turning on has been an issue for Z Fold 3 as well. Please see the thread. Not sure about the Z Fold 5 yet as it has not come out even yet. 

(1) Fold 3 wifi not turning on - Samsung Community

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey all. I've now escalated this internally, and fingers crossed, I'll be able to provide you with an update soon!

JayJayTheJetplane
First Poster
Options

wow, and I thought I'm the only one whos facing this issue. it happened to me yesterday. Brought it to the Samsung shop in my city and all they told me was the wifi chip/modem is connected to the screen, thus to change that part, ill need to replace my whole screen which costs about SGD600++........... now I have no idea what to do, I just did a factory reset to my phone but it's still not working. Please advise 😞 

0 Likes
tuntoon2668
Student
Options

Hi is there a solution to this wifi / Bluetooth problem already? I am beem having this same issue for the past few days already with the wif Bluetooth not been able to turn on,,even after restarts, plse advise asap if firmware update needed to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
Nin9
First Poster
Options
No news about the situation?
0 Likes