Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z Flip 4 - turns off when folding

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Pinky987
Student
Options
My phone just had a software update and now turns off when folded. Not sure if this is a software or hardware issue. Has anyone else had this and what did you do?
5 REPLIES 5
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The fold of death, hopefully you have warranty best contact Samsung to book it in.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Pinky987
Student
Options
Update to my post, I can open and close my phone when on charge ok
Members_Ynro5Fg
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem aswell. Since i updated the software i cant close the phone without turning it off. Very annoying. Ive been reading it to be a battey problem with a strechted cable. But is to big coincidence that we both had it direct after the update. 

Soundar
Student
Options

Hi i also have samsung Galaxy Flip 4, with same problem. When close the phone it turns off, it just started happening today..

0 Likes
Soundar
Student
Options

my phone also had a software update 1 week ago 22nd april 2024, now my phone acting like this. i have samsung care + bought for 2 years, so i looking for them to help me with the phone using the warranty claim.

0 Likes