Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4. Wifi not turning on

(Topic created on: 22-05-2023 02:57 PM)
TheBish
Journeyman
Options
I received the latest firmware update on the 15th of May. After installing, the phone restarted several times on its own but appeared to be fine to start with. What I did notice though was that the phone was very hot and the battery was draining quickly, till it eventually switched it self off. So, I recharged the phone and switched it back on. What I found was that the phone had gone into flight mode. I turned the flight mode off and then I found that the WiFi was turned off. I've tried turning on the the WiFi. It turns it self straight back off. I've tried resetting the network settings. Makes no difference. The WiFi will not turn on.
127 REPLIES 127
ShimChav
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Also having this issue. Followed the following troubleshooting:

1. Reset Network Adapter

2. Factory Reset

3. Safe Mode

Issue still persists. It will briefly fix itself if you go into Safe Mode and then back out again for maybe 2 minutes and it will connect to network and work for that period.

It's not harware as far as I'm corncerned.

Let me know is there is anythign I can do

0 Likes
KBT25
First Poster
Options

About a week ago my front screen went black on my z fold 4 and about 30 minutes ago my wifi and Bluetooth quit working. This was a great phone for the first 8 months but now I'm have more problems then the past 5 galaxy notes I've had combined.

0 Likes
johnny35
Journeyman
Options

Upgraded my phone today and now my wifi won't turn on. Can't believe they haven't resolved this since the issue has been happening for months. 

0 Likes
Pedroncio
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here with my Z Fold 4! After phone update started to notice the wifi and bluetooth issues. 

I noticed the following behaviour:

1) Switch Off & Back on (not restart) phone with screen closed. Wifi and Bluetooth works. Once I open the screen both will disconnect. Close the phone both go back online.

2) Switch Off & Back on (not restart) phone with screen open. Wifi and bluetooth will not work. Close the phone, bluetooth will reconnect. Re-open the phone blueooth goes back on. Wifi remains silent.

3) Occasionally it will indicate sim card has been removed!

Very disappointing for such an expensive device. I am on a 6 week trip away from home and not sure how to contact Samsung in Doha/Qatar for support.

0 Likes
tuntoon2668
Student
Options

hi all just to share my experience..after the wifi and bluetooth went bonkers, the main screen also follow suit. Instead of waiting for the Samsung "moderator" to revert with solutions, i sent it to samsung as still within the 1 year wrty. Got it back after 6 days. Front desk says main LCD screen faulty which affected the wifi and bluetooth as the wiring for both are connected to the faulty LCD. Big disappointment on quality but the worst part was the 2 way data transfer and setups for the interim phone use.....the samsung service center offers to do it for you but u need to think of an interim device or data backup first..frustrating and time consuming  😞  my suggestion is to send in your F4 asap if it is still within wrty

0 Likes
Sean47392
First Poster
Options
I'm having similar issues with people on this thread... My WiFi works for a while and then disables itself and I cannot enable it until I restart the phone.. Seems to have happened after the latest update to the phone..
0 Likes
Okabe
First Poster
Options

I have this exact same issue. My wifi failed today on 07/17/2023. I am unable to turn it on and my Bluetooth is fine.

I contacted Samsung support, they made me restart my device reset my connections, reset all options still not working. A different agent said they would push this issue to their developers since I showed her that I updated to the most recent software 10 days ago and only restarted my phone today. Hopefully this will be fixed soon. This is ridiculous 

0 Likes
Buchokoy12
First Poster
Options

Same is happening to my phone since recent update. Touchscreen on the cover display is not working, starting on safe mode fixed it. But it went to airplane mode and now wifi wont turn on. I was loving my fold 4 until this, im even planning to get the fold 5 but nah, im going back to iphone. To think that theyre forcing us to believe its a hardware issue when clearly its not is really disappointing. 

0 Likes
johnny35
Journeyman
Options

Here’s how the process of dealing with the issue went on my end...

I went to an AT&T store that was a franchise location and they weren't much help even though my phone was under warranty. They gave me the url to make a claim with Asurion and once I completed the claim, Asurion said to bring the phone to AT&T bc the phone was still under warranty. So, I went back to the store but they said to contact Samsung.
I contacted Samsung and they said for me to go to an authorized technician nearby which was uBreakiFix to get the phone evaluated. While there, the tech said he could see that the wifi issue was a new issue that was listed as a selection for his work computer screen so obviously Samsung is aware of it. Even after resetting the software, the issue still persisted and the tech said that he couldn’t do anything else bc Samsung has been a pain and wants people to send their phone to their location to get evaluated.

Obviously not having a phone for a week or more is a huge pain, especially since I needed my authenticator codes for work and personal accounts. I contacted Samsung and they said they would not send me a replacement phone while my phone gets evaluated by a Samsung tech. I tried arguing my case but they refused.
I ended up not sending the phone to Samsung and filed a claim on the phone with Asurion and got a replacement phone mailed out to me but I had to pay like $200 USD.
I am very disappointed with Samsung since this is affecting many people and they know it is an issue. I would have been okay if they just sent me a replacement phone which they ought to do since a Samsung certified technician verified the issue I was experiencing and my phone is under warranty.

0 Likes
alexandredav
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue with my Fold 4. Got it in november and quite frustrated with this. Not being able to acces one of the most simple functions (Turn on WIFI) is so annoying. Makes me think about continuing with Samsung...

0 Likes