Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling all faulty Samsung Z Flip/Fold owners - CLASS ACTION NEEDED

(Topic created on: 14-05-2023 07:50 AM)
Alvie_Huit
Apprentice
Options

Enough is enough. 

Despite what Samsung says in response to user complaints, the crease/crack along the fold of our Flips and Fold phones ARE a common problem irrespective of whether occuring within the 1st year of ownership or shortly thereafter.

Let's call it what it really is: A component defect. 

It's very disappointing, irresponsible and dodgy of Samsung to deem the issue as 'user damage' to evade accountability and foist hefty repair costs upon the user.

How many of you flip/fold owners have worn the burdensome frustration and inconvenience of having your phone fixed in the early days of ownership? How many of you have felt you've had no choice but to pay for Samsung for the repair, or, write off the cost of your phone entirely and buy a new more reliable phone to replace it??

The crease/crack in my phone appeared out of the blue through absolutely no fault of my own. I know I am not the only one.  Laying the blame at my feet is utter rubbish.

At the very least, a smart phone should endure 3 years of good use.  Not 2 weeks, 6 months or 1.5 years.

Even if Samsung says that the phone was broken because of ‘user damage’, one must look at the structural integrity of the phone itself and question how it could so easily be damaged by users so early on in the phone’s life.

For those of you out of pocket for a repair and/or the cost of an unusable phone plus a new one, let's band together and launch a worldwide class action lawsuit against Samsung for this issue and get our money back.

Who's with me?

I know they've been other community members who've complained or mentioning class actions elsewhere within the community (I among them) so i think it's time. 

Enough really is enough. 

Please respond here and to any other post regarding class actions on this website and elsewhere to further this cause. 

180 REPLIES 180
Taio
Journeyman
Options

Menik , I read about the class action suit but for some reason I cannot find the link how to join  in 

Mlubrant
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue and they want me to send my phone to them after they had me take it to you break I fix place. The technician said it was not repairable and I am still under warranty. They are saying I will have to send it to them to have another person look at it. I am going on week 2 without my phone this is ridiculous and a class action lawsuit should be filed. 

Menik
Explorer
Options

I am also looking for a link, but it is state specific.  Read the article and see if your state is listed.  I want to find a Nevada law firm to represent me.  This is a private thread that is controlled by Samsung, so the type of litigation firm we need most likely will not see this thread, unless, maybe, they are experiencing the same problem.

0 Likes
Menik
Explorer
Options

I am also looking for a link, but it is state specific.  Read the article and see if your state is listed.  I want to find a Nevada law firm to represent me.  This is a private thread that is controlled by Samsung, so the type of litigation firm we need most likely will not see this thread, unless, maybe, they are experiencing the same problem.

0 Likes
Menik
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
ITS_ME2022
Explorer
Options

I'm in. Mine has broke twice in 7 months. Although it was fixed free of charge it was very inconvenient switching phones and switching back. Also, what happens after the 1 year manufacturers warranty is up? Will they still fix it for free or leave the consumer on the hook for the repair? That's my latest worry

0 Likes
Busymontanagal
Apprentice
Options

I did see the link in the comments that about 9 states have joined the class action lawsuit against Samsung. Montana needs to join. I will research this.

After 9 mos, our ZFlip 3 powered down everytime it was put in the folded position. It always had to stay open to operate. The screen was black, I used apps to connect with my desktop to text. I couldn't put in a pocket or a bag...I could only guess who was calling. 4 mos later it doesn't work at all. Samsung said we damaged it, wouldn't honor the warranty, wasn't their fault...and still wants the $600.00 owed to Samsung finance.

Samsung, you are funny af...I haven't damaged the past 11 Samsung phones I've owed (our Note 5 still takes great pics for example, and works great as a mini tablet for kids or guests who are out of range and need some downloaded games or music, it's indestructible); or the 2 tablets, or the laptop I am typing on.

Samsung, that Z Flip 3 or our other Samsung phones are not the only hard earned money we have chose to send your way. The over the top and overpriced appliances list: 2 Refrigerators (1st one broke after 4 years, lowes honored the extended warranty), Washer & Dryer set, Dishwasher, Stove and Microwave, just to name a few.

Because of the way you have handled the ZFlip 3 issue for everyone involved, when it was time to get a new TV this past  spring, we went with LG. If we had gone with a Samsung, I feel we would keep being taught a lesson until it is learned. No positive reinforcement from you Samsung, just spanked on a expensive phone that you used your customers to practice on. 

ITS_ME2022
Explorer
Options

Elon needs to come out with the tesla phone. ***** samsung and apple. I've been a lifelong samsung person but with the way they are handling this issue, I'm looking for the next best phone.

Taio
Journeyman
Options

I agree 100% ,you all be careful Samsung  sent an update on July 9th , 2023 for the z fold 3 phones in this update there is a agreement on Termand conditions  if you do not Opt out of it in 30 days they will consider you agreeing  with their new terms which basically  wave your right to sue them if you have problem with any of their products that is related to manufacture  defects .